Need help - can someone read this physiotherapy Rx? (Read 862 times)

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Physiotherapy

Left Peroneal xxx tendonopathy

Physical Therapy Treatment

- Increase eccentric loading

- Manual Therapy

Prince of Fatness

Trent, you had to take specific course for that in doctor school, didn't you?

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep.

The xxx I think refers to a word that is made up.

Thanks - I think the word that you can't get is hamstring.  If I had given you more info, that would have helped.

Left Peroneal hamstring tendonopathy

- Manual Therapy

Okay, anyone know what "increase eccentric loading" would mean? Sounds painful!  Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Maniac

Even given Trent's translation, I still can't read the words.  Crazy.

I'm impressed Trent.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks - I think the word that you can't get is hamstring.  If I had given you more info, that would have helped.

- Manual Therapy

Okay, anyone know what "increase eccentric loading" would mean? Sounds painful!  Smile

You get quite a bit of eccentric loading right here on RA.

A Saucy Wench

nah...eccentric loading isnt painful.  and really really effective for tendonitis. Its the second half of most lifting exercises.  When they increase ecc load in PT they use assistance through the first half of the exercise.

For a hamstring it just means instead of trying to do a heavy hamstring curl and lift the weight you would start with the weight already lifted and your job is to lower the weight as slowly and controlled as possible.  This way the muscle is being lengthened during the strain not shortened.

I now regularly do ecc on my shoulder, hamstring and achilles

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I even knew the word was hamstring prior to reading the Rx but after reading it I had my doubts! 

It is in the course, Preserving the mystique of medicine 102. It's in first year.  Bad handwriting is only one way of accomplishing this.  There are other techniques that I've been told about but I'm not allowed to tell anybody otherwise I will get in trouble for violating the secret oath. Clown

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

See, that's just the thing.  There is no such thing as a peroneal hamstring.

Where do you hurt?

I can recall a time a few years ago where the pharmacist actually asked me what the Rx was for. He must have failed that course.

Just curious. Are doctors able to write legibly for other aspects of their lives? Is it just the scrips? Is it a secret penmanship designed so that only the prescription fulfiller can read it? Or is the doctor actually trying to mess with them? Do pharmacists often call doctors and ask them what the hell they wrote?  Or is it simply that poor handwriting is a generic marker demonstrating a predisposition to a career in medicine? I mean, he/she is a doctor so I can't imagine it's because he/she lack a steady hand. I hope. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, in the US, fairly soon, healthcare providers will no longer be allowed to handwrite prescriptions.  They will have to submit typed prescriptions printed onto special copy-proof paper or sent electronically directly to pharmacies.

Eccentric loading is controling the movement on the way down, ie. bicep curl, its after u curl your arm and when you are extending your arm. Concentric movement is shortening the muscle and eccentric is lengthening the muscle. Eccentric is used for more chronic injuries such as tendinitis and/or tendinosis

Well, in the US, fairly soon, healthcare providers will no longer be allowed to handwrite prescriptions.  They will have to submit typed prescriptions printed onto special copy-proof paper or sent electronically directly to pharmacies.

Good, its 2011, give me an ipad in my clinic to document

Oh hi Trent