losing weight so i may love myself! (Read 1981 times)

soldierarmy101

i look soo shiny:)jax,FL

I just hiked over 2 miles with an 80lb backpack on my back, then I jogged over 2 milesSmile i do this 5 or 7 times a week. I`m all alone when im working out, i dont know anybody thats willing to put in this effort to be healthy and look sexy lolSmile i dont go to a gym, im doing this everyday even if it rainsSmile i have lost over 30lbs in all, im at 249 and i lift lots of weights, i wanna... i mean I amSmile going to get down to 200lbsSmile i know ill be ripped and very happy with myself... i just hate that i dont have a good support systemSad plus sometimes negatives thoughts flow into my mind, like im not gona make it or im fat or just some crap like that... running is a huge help for me! it just puts up a middle finger to those thoughts and a big smile on my face.... hook me up ppl with some good comments and stories... i need youSad 

Good for you!

My son did it- 243lbs down to 175lbs- so you can too.

Be patient and be smart, eat sensibly.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

sincerely silly

Awesome so far!  It's great that you're doing it for yourself, the most important person to be doing it for. :-)

Just keep in mind how great the progress has felt so far, and also promise to love yourself just for the effort.  The weight loss might get slower or you might plateau...just keep it up!  You'll be building muscle too so don't focus too much on weight and gauge your progress by how you feel. 

shin splints are my nemesis

I'd take it easy on the use of the smileys, then you may get a lot more love on this site.  

Good luck with that weight goal, and keep checking in, could be a good motivator.

Dave

And post your log publicly.  You'll get better support.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

keeponrunning

I'd take it easy on the use of the smileys, then you may get a lot more love on this site.  

+1

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

i dont know anybody thats willing to put in this effort to be healthy and look sexy lolSmile i dont go to a gym, im doing this everyday even if it rainsSmile 

....and I wouldn't put up comments like this, either.  That's not a way to earn friends here....

Take some time and check out some of the logs on here.  You might be surprised at the "effort" that people are putting in.  

Good luck to ya.  We're all in this - just all different stages of the game.  

Spazoid

Spaziod

Excellent Job!  I wish my husband had the dedication and determination you have!  I am an exercise freak you could say...I love working out/being active (thus my picture and nickname).  My husband had a heart attack back in 2009 and everybody assumes that I have whipped his butt into shape.  However, he isn't motivated and doesn't have the desire like you and therefore, I can't make him workout.  You are doing amazing things for your body right now and it is THANKING YOU!!! 

Keep it up! 

:) SMILES:)

Spazoid

soldierarmy101

Smile SmileSmileSmile man folks! you all are great and thank you for your support and advice.. yes i will stop with the smileys lol. so I will be honest with this, take it easy on me, i was takeing pain killers and smoking cigars as well as working out. as of 6 days ago, i have stopped the pills and smoking and am now kicking some real butt in the endurance department.today i really wanted to take pills but i filled my head up with how much progress im making and how much better my life is as well as what im doing with my time. its constructive... i also stopped lifting soooo much weights! OMgosh i was lifting and getting swole! but it just doesnt look as good if you have fat layering over it. so there it is everybody... im being super honest with you and whats been going good and bad and the ugly... pls, i hope im not setting myself up for a lot of negative comments, i can fill my own head up with those... so hook me up with some good things ppl... ttyl

keeponrunning

Congrats to you for starting to make healthier choices.  And thanks about the smileys Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Smile SmileSmileSmile man folks! you all are great and thank you for your support and advice.. yes i will stop with the smileys lol. so I will be honest with this, take it easy on me, i was takeing pain killers and smoking cigars as well as working out. as of 6 days ago, i have stopped the pills and smoking and am now kicking some real butt in the endurance department.today i really wanted to take pills but i filled my head up with how much progress im making and how much better my life is as well as what im doing with my time. its constructive... i also stopped lifting soooo much weights! OMgosh i was lifting and getting swole! but it just doesnt look as good if you have fat layering over it. so there it is everybody... im being super honest with you and whats been going good and bad and the ugly... pls, i hope im not setting myself up for a lot of negative comments, i can fill my own head up with those... so hook me up with some good things ppl... ttyl

no worries man you are welcome around here. sounds like youre keeping your head on straight, youll be a great inspiration to someone!

Ostrich runner

If you really want some reinforcement go dig up the Before and After thread.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

If you really want some reinforcement go dig up the Before and After thread.

Good idea!  That's one of my favorite threads.

Click.

Not at it at all. 

soldierarmy101

burned about 700 cals by walking over 4 miles... but it doesnt take in account that i had 60lbs strapped to my back... i wonder if its more?

an amazing likeness

You're being far too precise...it is 1 beer per mile.  Regardless of pace, elevation, pack weight, whatever.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.