Winter Running Tights? (Read 1555 times)

I want to put in a plug for some capris which I bought at the Las Vegas Marathon Expo. It is a Canadian company : http://www.qsd.ca/. They are the Kmeleon line. I only have the capris so I can not vouch for the shorts or tights, but I am mighty impressed with them. I ran 15 miles in them and then another 9 miles without any sagging. I could run without thinking about them. They feel really good too because they are compression. The waist sits a bit low so there is no digging in around the middle.The customer service is top notch too. I tried to order the shorts and tights on-line and had a problem with Paypal. I got a phone call from the President of the company to sort out the problem. Really impressed so far. If the shipping cost is steep ( Dead) then try to visit them at a race. They even have a little dressing room to try the stuff on. Hopefully the tights will be warm in the cold weather. Capris are good but my lower legs felt the cold.
      Yup, the tights are as great as the capris. It was below 30F today and I felt fine. My new favorite running line.
        I'd second the motion that Craft makes some killer equipment. I bought a pair of Sugoi tights primarily for cycling, but they've transitioned to just be cold weather running tights. Very warm, haven't had to really worry about wind, however the stitching was fairly poor quality and hasn't held up so I may return them. Probably a fluke since I've heard good stuff about them otherwise, and my other Sugoi equip for cycling has held up well.

~J

I have a pair of sugio and the stiching is getting all fuzzy after wearing them a dozen times or so and 1 washing with sport wash. However the stiching was getting all fuzzy on the one side only and it was getting that way before I washed them. All that said they are very warm. They are also cut such that they don't seam to restrict your leg movement although I am not sure that makes much difference and I could be imagining it. ;-) I have another pair of underarmer cold gear. They are warm but not as warm as the sugoi. That being said I like the underarmer for 20-30 and less than 20 I am putting on the sugio.
            With the wind chill it's been pretty cold here lately. I recently purchased a pair of Nike Cold Weather Pants - Dri Fit. I love them! I am always chilly in the hips but that's a different issue for me. They are drawstring type but I have had no issues with them riding up or falling down. http://tinyurl.com/2xdngt
            ~~Sarah~~
              Sorry..double post.
              ~~Sarah~~

dork.major dork.

I also have a pair of fleece-lined spandex from REI that I truly love. I think they were part of the OXT line, and they claim that they are pants and "boot-leg", but they are spandex. They have served me very well in temps down to about 5 F. Also great for other outdoor pursuits like x-country skiing and backpacking. MTA: LINK http://www.rei.com/product/739183?cm_sp=prod*desc_rel_item*element

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.