Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Resident Sk8r boi

Ummm.... Lets just say, you're going to be very, very pleasantly surprised with the forefoot, midsole AND outsole!

Would you say we'd be ...euphoric... over the midsole improvements?

You_vs_cant

I would like to know what Mizuno shoe you Mizuno wearers would recommend for me.  A little background of me.  I started running about 3 years ago at age 40.  I developed PF in one foot due to crappy shoes, overpronation, and over doing it.  After going to my Dr. he said to get better shoes and insoles.  I went to FleetFeet and got Asics Kayano 16's and SuperFeet insoles.  They were great.  I then got the 17's and had pretty good luck with them also, but liked the 16's better.  I thought I would try the Brooks Adrenaline GTS12's this time.  They're OK, but don't feel as supportive as the Kayano's.  I like that the GTS12s feel lighter than the Kayano's but that's about the only thing I prefer about them over the Kayano's.  I still have my Kayano's and use them on the sloppy days.

So I need a shoe with support because I overpronate and was wondering with what I just explained what you guys would recommend in the Mizuno line?  Thanks.

Splashalot

I'd get the Nirvana whilst you still can (it's being discontinued).  It has very good support and the firm cushioning (closer to Adrenaline than Kayano) makes it a top shoe if you're prone to PF.

Splashalot

Would you say we'd be ...euphoric... over the midsole improvements?

:-)  I'm just hoping the 10 doesn't try to control my flex.

:-)  I'm just hoping the 10 doesn't try to control my flex.

Like I said earlier... you'll be happy.

---------

---------

Splashalot

oops... tried to post a video, didn't work!

---------

No more marathons

Seth, I've been running exclusively in the Brooks Green Silence for about two years now.  What would be an appropriate replacement from Mizuno?  I'm a heavy outter heal striker.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Splashalot

oops... tried to post a video, didn't work!

Post web address instead?

Seth, I've been running exclusively in the Brooks Green Silence for about two years now.  What would be an appropriate replacement from Mizuno?  I'm a heavy outter heal striker.

Thanks for the question!

The Wave Ronin 5 would be the Mizuno shoe to go to.  Awesome fit (a bit more dialed in va. Green Silence) and a touch more responsive midsole.  I think you'll really dig the feel of this shoe.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers

Seth

---------

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

**snip**

So I need a shoe with support because I overpronate and was wondering with what I just explained what you guys would recommend in the Mizuno line?  Thanks.

I am by no means a shoe expert or specifically Mizuno expert. I went from the Kayano 16 - 17 to the Inspire 9. It is significantly less shoe but seems to be doing well for me.

airunner

how many miles would you say a good pair of Mizunos should get before they are worn out?  average?

how many miles would you say a good pair of Mizunos should get before they are worn out?  average?

Ha, that is a loaded question.  Depends on whom you ask and what that person's style of running is.  The Mizunos I currently have in rotation have current mileage as follows:

Wave Universe 3: 1265

Wave Universe 4 (orange): 671

Wave Universe 4 (red): 377

I'm rather OCD about my shoe mileage, so could absolutely get more out of them if I had to... but I really feel it's not worth pressing my luck, and change them out once they start to feel... off

Around 250 miles I usually put a fresh pair into the rotation just for fun and freshness, then around 450 I will retire the shoe.  Thats low-end to what most runners do... but It's just a safe/sweetspot that has worked for me.

---------