New Year's Eve plans? (Read 616 times)

Does anyone else say "Rabbit Rabbit" first thing of the month/ new year for good luck? My mom got us started with this when we were young and now I make DH say it along with me to before shouting Happy New Year. Now it has some extra meaning with the pace bunnies. Smile
    I never heard of that...what is the meaning behind it?

Michelle

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I never heard of that...what is the meaning behind it?
      ... in our area of the UK we have two sayings for the 1st day of each month ... 1. "Pinch & a Punch it's the first of the month" (said whilst pinching and (lightly) punching the familiy member) 2. "Black Cats and White Rabbits" I'm not sure of the origins of either of these sayings! Neil UK

Running ... just keep running!

We are gonig to Universal Studios in Orlando with some friends. Got a hotel overnight... should be lots of fun! We usually stay home or go over a friends house, so this is different for us.
        I lived down in Orlando at the turn of the century and spent a new years eve there - it was fun. My brother used to play piano at the Pat O'Brien's on City Walk, there was a pretty good fireworks show, and I got to hit on all of the tourists at the dance clubs. Lotta fun, but still not likely to go back. If you get into Pat O's to the piano bar at all, and Don is playing, say hi to him for Blaine. He was the only guy there that was better than my brother.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Much like the past 5 years I plan to drink & eat too much with a small group of alcoholics friends. We are going to change it up a bit this hear less formal dinner... perhaps more of a games night staring my new Wii. But keeping with the drink too much theme.