Coming Back to Training After 4 Weeks of Recovery from Surgery (Read 152 times)

Ojo

i hope your surgery is as successful as mine!  It is wonderful having my life back.  No more pain . . . the pain is only as a result of my sometimes "stupid" running! 

Sara

MM #2929

Docket_Rocket

Update:  Surgery was on 02/14 and it went well.  In five days after surgery, I lost 11lbs (which I knew were an issue not related to my eating).  I recovered so well, the surgeon cleared me up for walking and biking at week 1.5 and today, 3 weeks after surgery, I ran 4 miles.

The surgery was not a complete success as one of the causes for my surgery could not be removed do to it being attached to my bladder.  This means I will still experience some pain and I might need hormonal treatment.  This was not was I was hoping for but I will deal with it later, when the doctor thinks it's the right time.

Overall, I feel better and even people that knew nothing about it have commented on how happy I look.  Ha.  Of course I'm ecstatic.

Thanks for all the support and recommendations.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Feeling the growl again

Best of luck in your recovery and return to running.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Joann Y

Can't imagine going through this. Glad to hear you are back running. Hopefully the bit attached to the bladder doesn't cause too much trouble. Keep at it!

BeeRunB

Keep coming back, Damaris!