June 2015 update summary (Read 707 times)

I noticed since the update that the 'event URL' doesn't show up when viewing a workout.  If you edit the workout the data is still there but it doesn't display when viewing.

jamiemmt.cs

Looks like we need to do some recruiting in the Dakotas / Wyoming / Montana area.

I'm from MT; I'll definitely make sure to wear my GPS next time I'm home and running.

JLarson

New bug report here, not sure if anyone else has experienced this:

I am noticing this on swim entries, but it may transfer to others as well. When I make a new entry, save it (with time of day added in), then later go edit it, the time of day field disappears. It is completely gone. When I try to edit it  I have no option to change it. RunningAhead interprets it then as being at the very very beginning of the day at midnight and I cannot get it back to the appropriate time.

This is an issue for me because I like to put my workouts in a chronological order of how I do them on any given day. It changes up daily.

I did run-swim yesterday, but now it is listed here as swim-run because this field has been blanked out.

Joann Y

Can't remember if an easy fix was posted on this or not but I have the box clicked that says 'Fill weight field with the most recent weight' but it doesn't seem to do that. Also, I noticed that whether or not I have the 'Map Access' clicked on private or not private, it defaults as private.

Can't remember if an easy fix was posted on this or not but I have the box clicked that says 'Fill weight field with the most recent weight' but it doesn't seem to do that. Also, I noticed that whether or not I have the 'Map Access' clicked on private or not private, it defaults as private.

I've been meaning to mention this.

Eric - FWIW, I don't think the weight issue is a new problem. This was happening when FIT file loaded as well, well before you made these updates.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

eric :)

Hi Joann,

I wasn't aware that the weight broke.  I'll take a look.

eric Smile

eric :)

Hi Joann,

This problem is fixed. Please give it a try and let me know if you're still having problems.

eric Smile

Joann Y

Working! Thank you very much!

bhearn

So I finally noticed that there is now Garmin Connect integration. I had been still using the Garmin Communicator plugin, which worked sporadically, even though I have Garmin Express installed. Today I got weird behavior: Garmin Express detected the 920, and synced; the 920 showed up as a device on my desktop (Mac); but the Garmin Communicator plugin didn't see it. That's never happened before. So then I noticed the "Garmin Connect" button and pressed it. Now I should have Gamin Connect syncing enabled...

... so how long to I have to wait for my new workouts to be sent to RA? I see them on GC. I guess there's no way to do a manual sync. Is it supposed to forward them whenever it gets new workouts?

I'm still not really happy with Garmin about how this has played out. Garmin Express and my Mac only recognize the Garmin when I connect it maybe half the time.

MTA thank you, eric Smile !

mikeymike

They should show up pretty much instantly, although a lot of us experienced a delay the first time. I synch via via Bluetooth and the Garmin Connect app on my phone and my workouts are always there by the time I open RA.

Runners run

TJoseph

Usually my runs show up right away.  Yesterday there was a delay.  I saw it in Garmin Connect, but it didn't download to RunningAhead or SportTracks right away.  It was there after I finished my shower though.  I am not sure if there was a delay today because I had a 45 minute drive back from a turkey trot and took a shower before I checked it.

bhearn

OK, finally started working. I think it just didn't send any workouts done prior to when I connected it.