2013 Sub 1:30 Half Marathon (Read 1808 times)

xhristopher

The race is a whopping ten minutes from my house, $25, and in lieu of a shirt you get a glass beer mug.  I don't understand how I could NOT do it. 

And if I'm going to race, I may as well try for it. Smile

My kind of race. 

I guess I'll jump in this too.  It is definitely a goal for 2013, but I'm a little reluctant to publicly own up to it. 

On paper, my PR from the one half I've raced is pretty far from 1:30 --- 1:36 something last year at the RnR National Half.  However, that race was a logistical disaster --- I was in corral 2, but due to a very delayed Metro train, I had to sprint 3/4 of a mile to the start and arrived just as corral 26 was being released, so I spent the first 5 miles alternately jogging in place, sprinting and weaving around/through large groups of people. 

I hope I can get under 1:30 by the end of the year.  First attempt will probably be the 21013 National Half on 3/16/2013.  The course goes within a block of my house, so I feel like I should run it.

Strict WTF adherent

You can add me to the list as well.

Half PR is 1:30:11 at Disneyland 2011. Haven't raced a half since, but did just put up consistent 1:34 splits at MCM so I think it's well within reach. Thinking Philly?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

The race is a whopping ten minutes from my house, $25, and in lieu of a shirt you get a glass beer mug.  I don't understand how I could NOT do it. 

And if I'm going to race, I may as well try for it. Smile

I love local races like that.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

dallison

registered pw

About me. Just finished my 5th marathon at Harrisburg with PR of 3:47. Shooting for a 3:30 but that was not meant to be with some blister mile 17. Focusing my spring on getting faster at shorter distances such as the half marathon and jump back to marathon training in fall. Ran Harrisburg HM during my fall cycle and PR'd with a 1:39:54. This was just 9 weeks removed from taking a month off with pneunomia over the summer. I know I have a better HM PR in me. Using Daniels 5k-15k to train for 2 spring HMs and hoping to at least get down to a 1:35. Fall HM probably in the cards too, but don't know which one yet.

Next up is the Chambersburg HM which is my hometown race and first one I ever ran back in March 2010 just running 3 months at time. Ran a 2:14 in tough weather (rain and wind). Course tough to begin with as a very hilly course. I live 2m from start and know course like the back of my hand. Did not run last year but ran in 2011 with a 1:41:21 at the time and was my PR until it fell this past fall in Harrisburg.

http://chambersburghalf.org/

I ran this one too, but as my first.

I have two half marathon finishes last year of 1:35 each. I know i can get them down below 1:30 or better.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I guess I'll jump in this too.  It is definitely a goal for 2013, but I'm a little reluctant to publicly own up to it. 

On paper, my PR from the one half I've raced is pretty far from 1:30 --- 1:36 something last year at the RnR National Half.  However, that race was a logistical disaster --- I was in corral 2, but due to a very delayed Metro train, I had to sprint 3/4 of a mile to the start and arrived just as corral 26 was being released, so I spent the first 5 miles alternately jogging in place, sprinting and weaving around/through large groups of people. 

I hope I can get under 1:30 by the end of the year.  First attempt will probably be the 21013 National Half on 3/16/2013.  The course goes within a block of my house, so I feel like I should run it.

CM - you mean RnR USA? I ran full this year and thought  start at RFK was OK. desolate course on backend for the marathoners, but that is RnR for you who cater to Hmers anyway.They moved start to Mall for 2013 which will be logistical nightmare imo. No worries about being far off from 1:30 my PR is 1:39, but still gonna get close to 1:30 as I can this year.

McBen - I hear RnR Philly is a very flat and fast course. I had a friend put up a huge PR there this year. I am thinking of it for fall especially if i end up running Philly Marathon in November.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Sign me up please.

My official goal is about 1:32 I'll take a shot at 1:30.  Gives me something to work towards!

No official race yet.  Maybe Vancouver in May

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

fb-guy

You can add me to the list as well.

Half PR is 1:30:11 at Disneyland 2011. Haven't raced a half since, but did just put up consistent 1:34 splits at MCM so I think it's well within reach. Thinking Philly?

Hey McBen,

I was thinking we should start a new 3:20 thread here -- but we need a good, rude title. Whadya think?

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Sign me up. Definitely attempting sub 1:30 on March 16, 2013. 

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

Add me to the list.  My PR is 1:30:40, which was in 2012 so I'm hoping to improve on that in 2013.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I ran this one too, but as my first.

I have two half marathon finishes last year of 1:35 each. I know i can get them down below 1:30 or better.

dallison - what year did you run Chambersburg? Running part of the course tomorrow as part of my LR.

NACN - Hiya Coach!Smile

Up Next:

???

stirun

Hi to everybody - I´m new here, just signed in. Please add me to your list, too.

hairshirt knitter

Hi all, I'm not sure about this... I came up short with a sub-90 goal in 2012, bringing my recent best down to 1:31:37, albeit on a hilly course.

I love the half-marathon distance, but my 2013 goals are a sub-5 half-ironman, a sub-11 ironman and a late season BQ marathon, sub-3:25 for me. With all that long stuff, I think the 1/2m time will be a by-product rather than an aim in itself.

However, please could you add me to the list with an attempt at the Bluenose half-marathon in Halifax, Nova Scotia on May 19 - we'll see how that goes!

stirun

What do you think would be a good plan to prepare a half marathon ?

dallison

registered pw

dallison - what year did you run Chambersburg? Running part of the course tomorrow as part of my LR.

NACN - Hiya Coach!Smile

I meant harrisburg.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half