What Running Books Should I Buy? (Read 216 times)

If you buy only one book, buy "The Lore of Running". It has a summary of many training plans, including Daniels. It's definitely on the deep side, but what do you expect from almost 1000 pages?

If you're looking for something more mental, I've always enjoyed "Zen and the Art of Running". It's cheap, and thought provoking.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Run Faster and Healthy Intelligent Training.

I have a Kindle, but I buy my running books in book form because I think they're naturally the kind of book you want to flip around through.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

zonykel

I like "The Lore of Running". It reads more like a research paper, though, with all the references plastered every other sentence (I'm exaggerating). My concern with the summary of the training plans is that you don't get an in-depth explanation for them. But the book remains a solid buy recommendation.

If you buy only one book, buy "The Lore of Running". It has a summary of many training plans, including Daniels. It's definitely on the deep side, but what do you expect from almost 1000 pages?

If you're looking for something more mental, I've always enjoyed "Zen and the Art of Running". It's cheap, and thought provoking.

I am The Tortoise

I like "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami.

I agree. This is a very nice read.

"Born to Run" is good too.

If you need help with motivation I would suggest "Finding Ultra" by Rich Roll and/or "The Long Run" by Matt Long. Both are all about overcoming adversity to do what they love to do, RUN.

ud32

Not a guide to running/training but a good read - "Running with Buffaloes" by Chris Lear