how to keep my cute trouble maker away from the toilet (Read 768 times)

(sorry about the excess use of ...) ((I am trying to shake that habit))
    Looks like you may be swapping one addiction ... for another ( ). Internet writing would make our grammar teachers cringe. While ellipses are sometimes used to denote missing material, they can also be used, as you have, to show a pause or trailing off of thought. Just sayin' ...

madness baby

I really appreciate all the feed back. Some of it was pretty scary or funny depends on the hat I am wearing. All of them though I considered. Problem is I can not scare him or lock him completely out of the toilet room as I want him to be able to learn to potty train. My solution: Keep it sparkling clean. And try to not make a big deal about it. Maybe he likes my reaction. Also I am telling everyone if possible to not use that toilet.
      Yeah, you want him to be able to potty train - good for him to feel comfortable in the bathroom. Since the toilet is a preferred place, maybe toilet training will eventually be a nice distraction from the play. Divert attention to other activities! Wink I think you're on to something about getting a reaction. Sure, he enjoys playing in the water, but getting some attention is fun, too. React neutrally, not emotionally. And, can you give him an alternative, appropriate place to have water play? A small bin with pots and pans, whatever he does in the bathroom? It might be a mess, but it's better than the toilet! Smile
      deb

My sweet new crank!

No shortage of trailing thoughts here. I suppose there is no shortage of missing material either!
        Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Too funny Ryan! I also suffer from the overused ellipsis syndrome! I usually look back at something I wrote and am amazed at the number of ... all over the place. I don't know where it came from, but I have to make a consious decision to take them out.
          When I would write papers for a grade that had to be technically "correct" ellipses were almost completely absent, as well as my use of dashes and excessive quotes and parentheses, but I think writing online is almost a language or writing system of its own. I think Dan gets it right with the "trailing thought" concept. I often think of my online posts as transcripts of my speech or thoughts. My online writing reads a lot differently than the stuff I would turn in for grades in college. My speech and thought processes are very much stream-of-consciousness, so it makes sense that my casual writing to my friends in my 'puter would be the same. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Maybe the little tyke is on to something? Wink http://www.slate.com/id/2182758/nav/tap3/

Tick tock