laying it all out there....(newbie dumb questions) (Read 1214 times)

Scout7

A) The article says that the experiment was conducted by Martin and Coe. B) All I'm saying is that there is no specific evidence stating that a 1% incline on the treadmill equates to 0% incline on the ground. This is why, as those articles really state, you should go by RPE, and not some randomly determined magic number. Besides, I avoid the treadmill at all costs anyway.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Perceived effort, amen! I'll take that. But the point remains: get busy livin or get busy dyin' Big grin
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't take it personally - I've got one of their diplomas on my wall, too. So I'm allowed to mock. And equally full of shit.
        Don't worry -- I definitely don't take it personally. Heck, I'm a pretty easy target these days, with our hoops team's early exit from the other b-ball tourney, and our rather sucktastic finish to the football season. Dead Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You'll ruin your knees!

Mars is in Uranus,
          That sounds like it would be uncomfortable... Shocked Undecided

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great. MORE homework compliments of RA...now I have to go and figure out what settings my ancient treadmill has or should have. I didn't know there were percentages for incline. I just press the button till it clicks a few times and it feels like I'm going up hill. Blush

Michelle

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Hi girly! Dunno about the other q's, but the static is almost certainly a by-product of that moving belt - ya know those static globes that make your hair stand up? Well, they build up the static charge with - wait for it - a moving belt. Me being the geekomatic that I am, I'd find some way to ground the belt, maybe with a copper wire dragging on the belt with the other end connected to a cold water pipe in your house. Does the treadmill have a 3-prong plug? IF it does, I'm a bit surprised it gets the static buildup. did

Maybe I missed it .. Blush ... but why aren't you doing what's more fun -- running outside? I'll run on the treadmill/ hell-belt if it's too late to run (Baltimore city = leeetle big dangerous for a small female runner at night) or too icy. But outside is SO. MUCH. BETTER!
                2009: BQ?