Hardcore (Read 882 times)

Another Passion

Wink One of the only U of Mich traditions I approve of. And I can't believe I never did it. I didn't even go watch. I am ashamed.
    I'm only 40 minutes from Ann Arbor. Evil grin

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

obsessor

I will consider obessor hardcore when he hits 400 or more miles this month. Wink Dude, Mr. obsessor, seriously, you are running a bunch! Is there a point? Okay, you are reaching for some APEX! What are you eating to fuel all these runs? Did you have one massive Christmas Feast!
      can'd do it, out of time. my times, though not great by any means, were only gotten with this kind of work. and seriously, I can run 100 miles in a week and gain 5 lbs. Yes, I have, I wish it were not true. I had quite a few cookies and drinks over Christmas break... I'm not as hardcore as my goals, unfortunately. I don't run to lose weight, I lose weight to run fast. In theory, anyhow. I have not actually been losing any weight lately. Was 144# at Grandma's last year.
      JakeKnight

I'm only 40 minutes from Ann Arbor. Evil grin
        You should run it. Give us a good race report. With pictures.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Oh Mighty Wing

SMALCOLM Sorry has nothing to do with the thread But OH MY your boston is cute!!!! oh and shorts no shirt is just ridiculous!!! didn't his nipples freeze off!

My legs are killing me

wha'd she look like? It could be totally necessary. No, Hardcore is not how you dress. Hardcore is 140 to 180 mpw with 3 to 5 hard workouts a week. And getting outside no matter the weather. Or running on the dreadmill in the basement, staring at the wall for 2 hours a day every day. Hardcore is giving up favorite foods, drink, comfort, society, and sanity in the singular pursuit of some apex that may or may not be attainable.
            I meant "hardcore" as in crazy, not as a compliment. What your describing is dedication to a goal (of which your killing me). My first thought seeing this guy was "what is he trying to prove?" He looked pretty ridiculous.

Another Passion

You should run it. Give us a good race report. With pictures.
              Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I don't see the problem here. I run in the same kind of weather with shorts and one t-shirt and if I felt comfortable I'd take off the t-shirt also. I get so hot I still sweat a lot even in 32 degree weather.