Heart rate question (Read 1810 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Sorry for answering his question...

Its not my fault that biomimicry is an engineering science by history and not one of exercise science.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2011-01/archive-gallery-best-biomimicry

Especially  since animals can run faster, further, jump higher, and demonstrate greater agility skills.

And I made the mistake to discover the humans that have already studied and learned to mimic them..

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

"Oh, waiter. This conversation isn't very good."

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The King of Beasts

Copernicus, nobody cares.  Whether you are serious or trolling, nobody cares.  Nobody has asked you for more info.

Some of us have poked you with a stick, some of us have patiently tried to get you to change tactics.  But nobody is trying to learn from you.

As a troll, you are (apparently) pretty effective.

As a serious "scientist", you are a ape banana wacky shit over-the-top nuts crazy fucking idiot.

Go away.  Shoo.

SRL, that made my day.

and what Zoomy said on the other thread.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Believe

Copernicus, nobody cares.  Whether you are serious or trolling, nobody cares.  Nobody has asked you for more info.

Some of us have poked you with a stick, some of us have patiently tried to get you to change tactics.  But nobody is trying to learn from you.

As a troll, you are (apparently) pretty effective.

As a serious "scientist", you are a ape banana wacky shit over-the-top nuts crazy fucking idiot.

Go away.  Shoo.

Thank you SRLopez. 

Jester shoo

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I write where and when  I choose.

The funny part is that I earn a living training athletes...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Prince of Fatness

No, the funny part is the video of you trying to run like an ostrich.  Thanks for that.

Not at it at all. 

HermosaBoy

No, the funny part is the video of you trying to run like an ostrich.  Thanks for that.

Link?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Scout7

I write where and when  I choose.

Well, now, that first statement can be debated, can't it?  I mean, I am assuming by your statement that you believe in Free Will.  But what about Determinism?  There are equally valid arguments for both.  Which is right?

You're right, that is pretty damned funny.  But hey, I earn a living training business people, so there you go.

HermosaBoy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Click

Dang, I thought the treadmill readout said 70mph.  Disappointed.

Fruchtenstein

Sports Jester is correct when saying that I did mention that I had switched to forefoot strike. Thank you, Jester, for the link, the topic deserves a special consideration, but as I mentioned above, I had problems with my knee and this means that going back to heel striking is just out of question for me. Perhaps, I can decrease my HR by changing the running form, but my question was rather is it possible to gain anything by putting so little efforts into the training. The answer seems to be yes, even though the specific HR varies significantly for various runners. Moreover, there is no reliable method to calculate the exact HR corresponding to maximum aerobic function.

This begs for another question. 10 bpm more or less — is it important? How precise should the measurements be? If I use the Maffetone formula, overestimate my fitness and add 5 to 137 (180-43) instead of subtracting, how would that affect my results?

Scout7

I think you are focused on the wrong thing.

Do not worry about decreasing your heart rate.  Your heart rate is a measure of effort.  There are multiple ways to measure effort.

You want to run with a low heart rate, generally speaking, because it means you are working at a lower effort.  The effort is the important thing, because if you do too much work at a high effort level, your chance for injury goes up, and you will plateau quickly.

So, focus on keeping your effort level low during the run, and focus on being consistent and frequent with your running.

Run like T-Rex, thats some funny stuff.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Click                 thanks for the laugh

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson