National Running Day (Read 232 times)

Did you?

Who comes up with this stuff, anyways? Not like holidays the card companies make up. Shoe industry?

Had I bothered to read the about section, it is actually sponsored by groups I do support. BAA, ATC and so on.

Get off my porch

Ran 7 miles this morning.   I didn't see anyone else out there, so maybe not everyone got the word they were supposed to run today.   Big grin

--- Hey, if you like Rock-N-Roll Half Marathons, today is the day to sign up and get the biggest discount, 20.00 off.  Personally I am only doing 1 this year, here in my hometown of Va Bch and signed up for 65 bucks at the expo last year, but for anyone else who does R-N-R Races, today is the day for the best discounts.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

delicate flower

There is a "National Day" for everything, so why should running be any different?  Like KLD mentioned though, lots of discounts on misc running stuff today, so it's a great day for shopping and registering!  Big grin

Personally, I like Talk Like a Pirate Day.

<3

Sounds like a good day to take a break from running.

Runners run

delicate flower

Runners run.

<3

FSBD

Yup a good day to go lift heavy.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Bucky.01

Ran 7 miles this morning.   I didn't see anyone else out there, so maybe not everyone got the word they were supposed to run today.   Big grin

--- Hey, if you like Rock-N-Roll Half Marathons, today is the day to sign up and get the biggest discount, 20.00 off.  Personally I am only doing 1 this year, here in my hometown of Va Bch and signed up for 65 bucks at the expo last year, but for anyone else who does R-N-R Races, today is the day for the best discounts.

I signed up for the DC marathon next March. $75 seemed like a solid deal.

Regular ass person

Made up holidays and bandwagon causes are pretty obnoxious.

Plus, I don't care to inundate my non-running friends with "Look What I Can Do!" type silliness.

I will celebrate by sleeping in and working late.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Made up holidays and bandwagon causes are pretty obnoxious.

Plus, I don't care to inundate my non-running friends with "Look What I Can Do!" type silliness.

I will celebrate by sleeping in and working late.

See if we can get KayPee 1,000,000 likes!  Get on the bandwagon!

delicate flower

I find the sentiment in this thread here in the new runners forum to be both inspirational and motivating.  "Don't run on National Run Day!"  That'll show 'em.

<3

Walk-Jogger

I ran 8 glorious miles on the outdoor track this morning before work, with no shirt on. First time this year that it's been warm and sunny enough in the early morning for me to do this.

I walk back past the outdoor track to get to my office after showering at the WSU Student Rec center, and there was a college-aged young man running laps on the track.  Think of the Pillsbury doughboy, inflated well beyond normal size with Jello that is sloshing to and fro like some gigantic water balloon. Now put some Vibrams on his feet, a pair of knee-length shiny grey basketball shorts sagging low, and no shirt. Bright white skin, just like the Pillsbury version.

I applaud this young man for having the cajones to go out in public in this pathetically sad physical condition and run, for what I would guess could possibly have been the very first time in his entire life, just based on appearances. He was clearly there celebrating NRD. We were all beginners once, some of us were his size and shape even, and it all started with the very first step. I wish him much luck and many miles of good running, and I hope I see him out there again one of these days, looking like the hard work of a sustained running program is starting to work its magic on him.

Retired &  Loving It

zonykel

From the urban dictionary:

Kahones: Common misspelling of the word "cojones", which is Spanish for testicles/balls.

(yeah, I got no style either..........)

Smile

I applaud this young man for having the cajones to go out in public in this pathetically sad physical condition and run, for what I would guess could possibly have been the very first time in his entire life, just based on appearances.

Walk-Jogger

From the urban dictionary:

Kahones: Common misspelling of the word "cojones", which is Spanish for testicles/balls.

(yeah, I got no style either..........)

Smile

In US slang, cojones denotes “brazen, brave attitude".  I don't understand your point? I'm in a calorie deficit, my breakfast hasn't soaked in yet and I may be slightly incoherent at the moment, but I think I used the correct spelling. Yer messin with me?

MTA: Never mind, I'm going to play my age card here; my eyes are blurry and even when I know how to spell a word, my computer changes the letters after I hit "send"...  Cahones, Cohones. Whateva.

Retired &  Loving It

zonykel

Cojones is quite common in Spain. I don't believe that's the case in Latin America. Not sure how the word became part of U.S. slang.

Cajones means drawers, hence my correction. I've seen kahones before, but that appears to be a phonetic mispronunciation of cojones.

In US slang, cojones denotes “brazen, brave attitude".  I don't understand your point? I'm in a calorie deficit, my breakfast hasn't soaked in yet and I may be slightly incoherent at the moment, but I think I used the correct spelling. Yer messin with me?

MTA: Never mind, I'm going to play my age card here; my eyes are blurry and even when I know how to spell a word, my computer changes the letters after I hit "send"...  Cahones, Cohones. Whateva.

carlos49er

I swam. Its too hot to run. Why couldn't they do it during spring or fall?