Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

bap

A tiny victory.

I got my heart-rate up to over 98% of max on a reclining stationary bike. Before today I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

I can't remember the last time my heart-rate got anywhere neat that in any workout or race.

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

A tiny victory.

I got my heart-rate up to over 98% of max on a reclining stationary bike. Before today I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

I can't remember the last time my heart-rate got anywhere neat that in any workout or race.

WOW!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Went for a LR with the guys, 11.25 miles in 1:14 as we chatted, joked, and talked about races we want to do this fall. I love team dynamics! Smile

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Went for a LR with the guys, 11.25 miles in 1:14 as we chatted, joked, and talked about races we want to do this fall. I love team dynamics! Smile

You can  talk at that pace!

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I have come along way baby! It shocked me to see this number.

Last 30 days: 196.1 mi  

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

I have come along way baby! It shocked me to see this number.

Last 30 days: 196.1 mi  

You're doing awesome, Ron!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8.5 miles. Just picked up the battery for the HR Monitor.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

songsta

I ran a marathon this past weekend and set a new PR: 3:36.  very happy with the time and looking forward to significantly reducing that time in order to qualify for Boston in the near future.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I ran a marathon this past weekend and set a new PR: 3:36.  very happy with the time and looking forward to significantly reducing that time in order to qualify for Boston in the near future.

YAY!!!! WTG

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Awesome accomplishment, SOng!

Keep going. 

amn77

May is my first ever 100 mile month! This morning's run put me at 100.2, and have tomorrow to add a couple to the total. Not much to a lot of you, but that is huge for me.

Allyson
                        Cyberic

May is my first ever 100 mile month! This morning's run put me at 100.2, and have tomorrow to add a couple to the total. Not much to a lot of you, but that is huge for me.

For me that is huge mileage. Congratulations on that.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

A running partner and I were just talking about hitting 100.1 miles this morning. Big victory. Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Runslowalksalot

My legs were tight and sore from 45 treadmill minutes and the plyometrics I did in TRX yesterday, so I was doubting myself, thinking that I'd be struggling to do six miles this morning.  I kept it slow, 70% of max HR, and managed to do just over  9 miles in 1:34 and change,  even though I walked several of the hills as I saw my heartrate leave my  MAF zone.  My pace really didn't fall much as I ran on keeping a low HR.   There really is something to MAF training!   I haven't gotten much faster in low HR training recently, but I am running farther before I must slow down to stay in zone.

Cool temps in a quiet ,wooded residential area make for a good Sunday run!

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

The Minneapolis Marathon was cancelled while everyone was lined up to start due to inclement weather. The race organizers offered finishers medals anyway. I would not feel right accepting a finishers medal without earning it so I ran 26.2 on my own. The weather turned out to be ok, but that is tough distance to cover on your own with no crowd support.