Best way to loosen hips (Read 2134 times)

I think it's actually slow running that makes my hips tight, not too much running.

So I would say short hill charges and strides are a safe thing to do during taper and should help.

Wow, this is me in a nutshell.   My hips are total crap.   

I need to do my intervals, stairs, and stretches or else I can barley walk.  

- Anya

So, you're saying you stagger?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Wow, this is me in a nutshell.   My hips are total crap.   

The best exercises for that are hops.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Hops? We've come too far to derail the thread now by talking about beer.

Hills can be tough on the groin and psoas and you might get mixed improvement/stress in the quads and glutes. Strides might be a safer bet, though coming through in a way that enables you to do the hills probably bodes better. Just a few strides can go a long way, though.

If you focus on getting more sleep, healthy eating, and not bludgeoning your legs with hard road runs, then you can probably get your hips back fairly soon. Sometimes it takes weeks to fully recover from a race or hard workout.

I find that sitting is the thing that tightens my hips the most. Nothing like a sedentary day of work to jeopardize a workout! My hips are infinitely better on weekends or days I'm active at work. Have you been sitting a lot lately?

The best exercises for that are hops.

What are hops?    And don't say beer, I gave that up.  

- Anya

What are hops?    And don't say beer, I gave that up.  

What about Anya's Law?

Well, hops was just a play on the "barley" walk, but what about actual hops?  Like low intensity plyo stuff?  Of course, not in any taper phase.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

What about Anya's Law?

Well, hops was just a play on the "barley" walk, but what about actual hops?  Like low intensity plyo stuff?  Of course, not in any taper phase.

D'uh!    funny   

And yes, I'm going to have to change my profile.    Life without beer, who knew it exsisted? 

- Anya

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac