Do You Eat Meat? (Read 442 times)

Better I Leave

And if so, do you care how the animal that has given you sustenance was treated before their death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8J4YB1RVJk

This is disgusting. I suppose it's OK so that we can get our baby back ribs, processed by illegal aliens brought in by the industry from Mexico, cheaply, yes?

Ag-gag laws have been put into place by our legislators to protect the "industry". Said law are in place to prosecute "whistle blowers" who might draw public attention to these practices.

mandytheartist

I'm a pescetarian (and mostly vegan) I always try to eat environmentally responsibly.

Better I Leave

I'm a pescetarian (and mostly vegan) I always try to eat environmentally responsibly.

**clicks Like button one thousand times**

J-L-C

Yes. No.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Pescetarian here too.  But more because I don't think my desire for something tasty should override an animal's right to life.

Tried full vegetarian, but it was too big an inconvenience for me that produced bad eating habits.  So I settled on just fish.

Sorry, fish.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Not since 2009.

Auhugh!!

Village people

No. I stopped in highschool and never missed it.

npaden

Yes, but I generally stick to free ranging hormone free meat.  Wild pigs, deer, elk, etc.  I also process it on my own so I know it is taken care of properly from start to finish.  I do buy some ribeye steaks on occasion though.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Yes.

Don't judge me, I won't judge you.

Get off my porch

YAYpril - B-Plus

Vegetarian since Christmas Eve. I don't judge meat-eaters. If I did, I probably wouldn't be married anymore. It's a personal choice.

Hip Redux

Yes and I try very hard to get my food locally and from small farms as much as possible.   I belong to a CSA that also raises pigs and cows - I can go and see how they are treated at any time I want.   When I can't get my meat there, I choose the best options I can from the store butcher - free range, pastured animals whenever available.  I stopped buying meat from any of the "big" farms - Purdue, etc.   Yes, I spend more, but it is important to me.   If I couldn't afford to get good quality meat, I probably would eat a whole lot less of it.

No matter where you are on the spectrum of meat eating, it is important to look at where your food is coming from, especially in this era of GMOs, Monsanto and the like.

Hip Redux

One more point, then I'll stop preaching - if you are a vegetarian that eats eggs, you should also look at pastured chickens, local if at all possible.  The egg industry is just as bad as the meat!     (not just "cage free" because that doesn't mean they are allowed to free roam in a pasture).

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I'm a vegetarian whenever I'm not eating meat.  Presently, as I type this message, I'm a vegetarian.  I've reduced meat from my diet significantly but cannot eschew it entirely, primarily because of bacon.  And sausage gravy.  As well as chorizo.

Have you seen the human abuses within the agriculture industry?  I won't even put tomatos on my burgers after seeing how tomato pickers are treated in this country (tongue in cheek, but tomato picking is not presently awesome for human beings).

Have fun eating whatever.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I'm vegan but occasionally eat finfish and shellfish. I don't know why I draw the line there - probably because I haven't been grossed out by fish yet or the fish industry (bring on the books and I probably will be).   I definitely don't eat dairy.  If I am at family functions or work functions where there is no option, I try to stay away from the nonvegan foods, but if that is all there is I will compromise my way of living in order to avoid conflict.  I'm just not willing to battle over it.  If people ask me, I will discuss it with them.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

YAYpril - B-Plus

One more point, then I'll stop preaching - if you are a vegetarian that eats eggs, you should also look at pastured chickens, local if at all possible.  The egg industry is just as bad as the meat!     (not just "cage free" because that doesn't mean they are allowed to free roam in a pasture).

The dairy industry is awful, too. I'm not vegan but I eat a lot of vegan meals. I figure at least limiting my consumption helps a little bit.