Iceman Cometh (Read 189 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else in?  I just registered for my first.  Perhaps I can pray that a flying monkey makes it up this far and takes me out of my misery pre-race.  I haven't even been on a bike outdoors since this happened >3 months ago...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Running is stupid.

Not as stupid as mountain biking, I'm starting to think...

~ Sarah Kay

wow, that looks painful. Hopefully a current xray looks much better.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

wow, that looks painful. Hopefully a current xray looks much better.

Everyone I know who has done this race says it is WAY tougher than the 29 mile distance would suggest.  4k riders.  It sold out in <30 minutes.  DH has done a 100 mile XC race (Lumberjack) and said Iceman is not really significantly easier, even though it's a fraction the distance.  Weather can really be hairy and mud can make a lot of the miles nearly impassable.  Runners are at an advantage during stretches like that.

X-rays now are great...the heavy ligament damage is the limiting factor, now.  I just finished a month of PT, but still have a long way to go to regain close to full strength and flexibility.

~ Sarah Kay

yeoldefatguy

It used to take months to sell out in the 90s. I remember when Tinker Juarez would show up and win.

Walk-Jogger

Retired &  Loving It

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It used to take months to sell out in the 90s. I remember when Tinker Juarez would show up and win.

Months?!  Wow, I can't even imagine.  All my MTB friends have been tweaking about whether or not they'd get in for weeks.  Last year they had major server crashes and the whole process took 5 hours.  This year USAC decided to use Amazon servers, so things were relatively better.

~ Sarah Kay

yeoldefatguy

Months?!  Wow, I can't even imagine.  All my MTB friends have been tweaking about whether or not they'd get in for weeks.  Last year they had major server crashes and the whole process took 5 hours.  This year USAC decided to use Amazon servers, so things were relatively better.

Lol. Keep in mind this was before the interwebz. In the olden days we had to mail our entry in with a check.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

In the older days, we had to run over there, with pelts tied on our back to pay. Trying to outrun the pony express was our primary type of training.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

yeoldefatguy

In the older days, we had to run over there, with pelts tied on our back to pay. Trying to outrun the pony express was our primary type of training.

Yeah, but I did it uphill. BOTH WAYS.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In 3 feet of snow...with a headwind!

Oh, wait...that could happen at Iceman. *knocks on wood*

~ Sarah Kay