Running Shorts (Read 2647 times)

Diesel Power

Greetings to you as well, Karen.
    Scout7

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have question to throw out. I just started using technical running gear last year, so I was hoping someone had more insight on this... I sweat a considerable amount while running. While this isn't a huge issue on most days, it can become a bigger issue during long runs. My shorts are absolutely drenched by the end of the run. I have a few pairs of Nike DriFit (DryFit?) shorts that I use. Does anyone use something else for long runs?
      Bodyglide for occasional chafing. That's about it.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I notice more and more women wearing skirts at races. Is it because they're more comfortable or because they know guys like to see them in them? Larry
        Perhaps some wear them for "looks," but I wear 'em for comfort. I rarely wear skirts outside of running, but for running I either wear skirts with built-in "bumhuggers" or longer compression shorts with leg-grippers (like cycling shorts, but without the chamois). Regular compression shorts ride-up and old school running shorts simply end up a wad of fabric between my legs that chafes to bleeding no matter how much Body Glide I apply. Skin-on-skin with Body Glide chafes far less than skin-on-fabric-on-skin. I couldn't do running shorts without compression shorts underneath (pre-skirts and Body Glide) even when I was a tiny size 2 runner in HS.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kirsten, Did you read this months Runners World? They have an article on skirts. I haven't read it yet, but need to check it out. Seems to me, that the lead in on the page said something along the lines of some wearing it for comfort and some for fashion.
          Perhaps some wear them for "looks," but I wear 'em for comfort. I rarely wear skirts outside of running, but for running I either wear skirts with built-in "bumhuggers" or longer compression shorts with leg-grippers (like cycling shorts, but without the chamois). Regular compression shorts ride-up and old school running shorts simply end up a wad of fabric between my legs that chafes to bleeding no matter how much Body Glide I apply. Skin-on-skin with Body Glide chafes far less than skin-on-fabric-on-skin. I couldn't do running shorts without compression shorts underneath (pre-skirts and Body Glide) even when I was a tiny size 2 runner in HS.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"