What's a neutral shoe? (Read 678 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

I just got my first pair of Brooks Radius 7 shoes and love them! I'd been previously running in Asics but when I put on the Brooks, they felt better to me than the Asics.

Robin

Mr R

Neutral shoes are easy to identify. Just look at the medial edge of the sole. If it's grey (or another color), then it's not a neutral shoe. Neutral shoes will have the same type of foam throughout the midsole.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

I also love the Brooks radius. I wore stability shoes before, and kept getting an ITband flareup. Turns out, I should have been wearing neutrals, all along. Talk about dork.... Shy

- Anya

flatland mountaineer

This e-retailer has pretty good descriptions, hope they are accurate. They seem to be accurate in my brand anyway. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSBROOKS.html

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III