Anybody running Boston? (Read 673 times)

I am. And I get to run with my brother, who I only see about once a year. I also decided to sign up to raise money for a good cause this time. Check it out, I'm at the end of the list. https://www.lazarushouse.org/BostonMarathon/default.asp
      I'll be a spectator this year, current plan is to run it again in '08. Good luck!

Runners run

marathoner2

I am running Boston. I finally qualified this year. I am looking forward to it.
          I am running Boston. I finally qualified this year. I am looking forward to it.
          Congratulations. Have you been trying for a long time?
            I qualified and payed, but I am now injured!!! I am still hopeful I can squeeze out 26.2 in 7 weeks?
              Kevin: My brother daddylonglegs and I(Orange man) are running Boston this year and taking plenty of family with us. Already have dinner reservations for Sat and Sun for 15 people. Really looking forward to it and training is going very well. My "younger" brother is much faster than me....but this is Boston..... a race I finally qualified at age 55. Maybe see ya there....I will have Orange Hair for the race......Orange Man.

Orange Man and Eric.

Imminent Catastrophe

I want to but they won't let me. Maybe someday...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm in!! Just completed my half-marathon with a PR of 1:26:13 (that's nearly 3 minutes off my previous best) and best of all I ran pain-free!! Looks like I'll have to make some dinner reservations also. I have five adults and five kids coming along for the weekend. Any restaurant suggestions?
                    I'm in!! Just completed my half-marathon with a PR of 1:26:15 (that's nearly 3 minutes off my previous best) and best of all I ran pain-free!!
                    That's great! I can't remember the last time I was pain free--but you are a lot younger. Smile It looks like you will be starting just in front of me--you beat my qualifying time by exactly 1 min. Enjoy the experience!
                      Kevin: Maybe see ya there....I will have Orange Hair for the race......Orange Man.
                      I'll have to look for you there. I did some running around Bowling Green 25 years ago when I was in school at BGSU. The hills around there are killers, aren't they? Wink
                        Pain-free just means my back did not bother me. I fractured a vertebrae a month ago and was worried about recovering in time. i have a couple of "normal" aches and pains, but nothing worth getting in a twist over.