Doping question (Read 1858 times)

Maurece Greene has to be at least green, right?

Runners run

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

He must be clean then.

Runners run

Gotta be.

Feeling the growl again

If he was truly in SA at an athlete's conference, this is a bit different than someone mysteriously dodging testers.  And a single missed out-of-competition test really is not a rare event.

Hard to say....it's not like Athletics Kenya is a clean organization with respect to how it treats athletes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

catwhoorg

Labrat

Maurece Greene has to be at least green, right?

Yep. I corrected that today after someone else helped me.

Also Powell is red. CAS cut his ban to 6 months, which was time already served, they didn't clear him.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

If he was truly in SA at an athlete's conference, this is a bit different than someone mysteriously dodging testers.  And a single missed out-of-competition test really is not a rare event.

Hard to say....it's not like Athletics Kenya is a clean organization with respect to how it treats athletes.

A single whereabouts failure generally isn't a big deal, especially when the athlete is in a clearly known locations. Its just a bit of shoddy paperwork management.

A few years ago Mark Cavendish got a whereabouts failure at a time when he was being filmed by a BBC crew, he just hadn't updated the database.

A pattern of them is worrying. Also a single incident can be suspicious, like a GT winning cyclist suddenly changing hotels to one the other side of town the day after his victory and not updating the database. Not proof of anything, but suspicious.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

And Rita Jeptoo's B sample results are ... positive for EPO.

Runners run

xhristopher

"Earlier Friday the head of Kenya's athletics federation had said the doping problem in his country is far less severe than in Russia or China."

Uh, not great company there. That's like standing in a bar with a drink in my hand and saying I'm less of a drunk than the two guys already passed out on the floor.

"Earlier Friday the head of Kenya's athletics federation had said the doping problem in his country is far less severe than in Russia or China."

Uh, not great company there. That's like standing in a bar with a drink in my hand and saying I'm less of a drunk than the two guys already passed out on the floor.

Yes exactly. I read that and was like "ah, well,  that's ok then..." My other thought - having recently watched that german documentary about doping in Russia - was "wow,  Rita Jeptoo must have forgotten to make an important bank transfer." The statements from Athletics Kenya read as if the organization wanted to do something about its poor reputation and, faced with a number of  athletes they could have "caught", looked at who was on some important person's shit list. (I know I'm pathologically cynical, and I certainly cannot back up this assertion with facts...  but did anyone else see the documentary about the Russian doping system? It confirms every cynical thought you've ever had.)

Started to watch it. But it was in Russian. Read the articles about it. Sad.

but did anyone else see the documentary about the Russian doping system? It confirms every cynical thought you've ever had.)

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

bhearn

And Rita Jeptoo's B sample results are ... positive for EPO.

So... that means Shalane was really on the podium in Boston 2013.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah sucks for her to miss out on that day's experience though, even if it is corrected...probably will never see the additional prize money either.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

Without Jeptoo, or an undoped Jeptoo, it might have been an entirely different Boston. Perhaps Shalane would have won. Doping sucks.