Linux-related issue? (Read 1801 times)

I just wanted to customize my summary-page, and found it impossible on my Linux machine (Ubuntu 10.10).  So I tried hubbies Windows PC (same browser, FF), and had no problems.

On linux clicking on the 'customize'-button gives no other page.  I don't have java-script disabled.

Other question: I'd like to use the 'health note', but once saved, I can't find out where to look for them?

Running in Belgium
    Ann

an amazing likeness

I can't offer much on the Linux question other than to say that RA is OS-independent, so its probably a browser thing....

Health notes will show on the calendar view, and you can list them via a report (Reports > new search > activity = health).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Works fine for me - Ubuntu 10.10  64 bit with both FF 3.6.16 and Chrome 12.0.742.0 dev.

Works fine here from FF (although I don't use FF normally) from Debian based Distro + Openbox.

Most likely an issue with FF for your distro, there are variations between OS of the same browser as it's a different OS. Ensure you have the latest (stable) version of the browser Smile

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

eric :)

Ann,

The customize link is just a link.  I don't know why it didn't work.  I will set up Ubuntu tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Happy World Penguin Day!

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Most likely an issue with FF for your distro, there are variations between OS of the same browser as it's a different OS. Ensure you have the latest (stable) version of the browser Smile

Yes... looks like it's a Ubuntu-FF issue:

The version that comes with the distro gives me the problem... whereas  'Nightly' (6.0a1) works fine ;-)

Running in Belgium
                  Ann

The version that comes with the distro gives me the problem... whereas  'Nightly' (6.0a1) works fine ;-)

Ewww, alpha Tongue At least the issue is fixed, which means it SHOULD make it down the stream to beta and eventually stable Wink

xor

That John Bingham's really pushing the envelope.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Works fine for me on slackware and fedora.  I'll test RHEL when I get back in the office, I haven't noticed any problems but I've probably never done the customize thing from work.  Probably not many people use RHEL for a desktop though.

Though very recently, I have started seeing a big empty blank post before the last post in the thread.  (edit:  Okay I just saw the Ads thing and it makes sense now.  I am going to disable AdBlock+ for this site).

I'll probably subscribe pretty soon, is there any way that subscribers can get a special badge by their name or something?  I like to be elitist.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

I think it's much more likely to be something to do with your specific setup that a bug with the default FF under ubuntu 10.10 ... loads of people use that (including me) without problems.

As Eric has said the customize thing is just a link... why wouldn't it work when plenty of other links do?

It just makes me want to smoke with him Sad

xor

Yes, that's what ads do.

And it is why cig ads with cuddly cartoon creatures and Joe "cool" Camel are insidious.