Best Earbuds for running (Read 6457 times)

Kevin M OConnell

looking for comfortable (perhaps adjustable / swappable gels) that perhaps wrap around your ear and or head that STAY ON YOUR EARS whilst running long distances...  and weather proof (to an extent)...

all i have now are the cheapo radio shack buds, and like 4 pairs of the even cheaper ipod defaul buds.

recommendations?
    links?

Thanks!!!

Kevin.

an amazing likeness

I've been happy with the Sennheiser line of "twist lock' ear buds.  Stay in great, sound good, weather and sweat resistant.  I've used them for a few years now and wouldn't change:

Sennheiser web site for MX wired sport models

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sennheiser MX 75 or 85 would be my recommendation.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

My sennheisers are ok, but they do come out sometimes... my neck sweats, the cord gets stuck to it or between it and my jacket collar, I turn my head, and pop. (not turn my head and cough)

I probably need to try a different size piece in the locking thingy.

Anyway, mine are alright but I don't love love love them.  They have lasted awhile, though.  I like that.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I probably need to try a different size piece in the locking thingy.

I don't even use the little locking tab thing.  My ears are the wrong size/shape for that to work (it sorta hovers a few mm above my outer ear).  But on the earbud itself I use that large, sorta fluted ring and mine won't come out unless they are yanked hard.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another +1 for the MX75s - Just don't pay the full $50 for them.

Amazon has them right now for $20

MTA: url

2017 Goals
              1) Run more than 231 miles
              2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

dennrunner

I've used the JVC marshmallow for quite awhile.  They work like foam earplugs.  They're inexpensive and don't fall out when I use them.  I only use them in one ear for safety.  And I never listen to music while running, just voice podcasts.

Hawt and sexy

I use the iPod on the 'mill and I use the Marshmellow.  I finally had to replace a pair after about 3 years of tradmill time which would be about a year of running.  On the few occasions that I have traveled with the IPod I have not had problems in the weather, but since I don't use the thing outside running, I could not tell you about a 3 hour long run in the rain with them.  They are cheap enough to replace though.  They stay in my ears and don't rub while i run like the official iPod buds. 

I'm touching your pants.

I use these and I like them:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-A35G-Sports-Headphones-Mechanism/dp/B000067G0J

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

what are lions?

anyone tried the JayBird Freedom buds? saw an ad for them in a tri mag. curious.

aybeerunning

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HS11-Headphones-Washable-Earpads/dp/B00012F8AY

These are pretty good too...and cheap.  There is another panasonic one that wraps around the ear

an amazing likeness

My sennheisers are ok, but they do come out sometimes... my neck sweats, the cord gets stuck to it or between it and my jacket collar, I turn my head, and pop.

I have the same problem with the left ear's cord sticking to sweaty neck.  So I've gotten into the habit of clipping the clippy-thing onto my collar a bit back even with, or over, my shoulder so that the left-ear cord can drape more.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The Sennheiser PMX80's are the shit. I was completely devoted to the earbuds and wouldn't even think about using this style until I got a pair for free (long story.) Now I'm completely converted. I never have to think about these slipping or falling out or anything. Once I start running I never touch them, period. They are on sale for around 31 bucks at Amazon right now.

If you have earbuds that you like but they fall out, try some "Comply" foam tips, they will make your buds better! You can get them on Amazon too..... I swear by these

http://www.complyfoam.com/

Uromastyx

My wife and I are both using these, very satisfied: 

Sony Mdr-As40Ex