How would you describe your eating habits and what's your guilty pleasure (food or drink)? (Read 1274 times)

Monday thru Friday I eat pretty healthy; lots of fish, chicken, whole grains, veggies, and fruit.

Weekends well.......all Hell breaks loose on Saturday and I do pretty good on Sunday most of the time.

My guilty pleasures are ice cream and pizza.

Gasoline (drink). 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

I'm gonna eat lightning and crap thunder. 

#artbydmcbride

Ooh, he's gonna be mad!

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

You better start running 'cause he is faster than you

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

How could I ever get mad about a Rocky reference? 

#artbydmcbride

We're not worried about you, cupcake...it's Thunder that has us quakin'   Big grin

Runners run

xhristopher

Beer.
                  MrNamtor

Beer.

for the longest time i thought your avatar was a naked woman's but with a cat paw on it.

FlatFT.runner

Since I started eating a moatly vegitarian diet that I have much more energy, am not hungry all the time, have lost the 15 lbs. I've been trying to lose for 15 years and my running pace has quickened dramaticly.

sugnim

I try to eat mostly homemade foods made from whole foods.  In the summer & early autumn, a lot of that food is also homegrown.  I'm actually so opinionated about food & food sources, that you probably don't really want me to completely describe my eating habits.

I don't really feel guilty about anything I eat, but I suppose you could call frozen yogurt, chips & salsa, or cinnamon rolls guilty pleasures.

RunJasonRun

I am an extreme creature of routine.  For my Paleo eating style, I eat a whole chicken on most days by picking pieces off the chicken throughout the day.  I add a couple of apples and some green leafy vegetables.  I occasionally substitute pork for the chicken and blueberries, etc. for the apples, but, for the most part, I just never tire of the routine and I always enjoy the same foods. 

Every couple of weeks, though, I treat myself to ribs.  Ribs are discouraged on Paleo, since they are a fatty meat, but I give them a pass, since the fat content does not bother me and actually aids in weight control to an extent.  There is a Chinese buffet up the street that serves large spare ribs in one of the buffet bins.  I will go into that restaurant sometimes and just eat a couple plates full of the ribs without touching any of the other food in the restaurant.  I just eat ribs until I am almost full.  I'll also drive to different rib restaurants around Atlanta sometimes to sample a different slab of ribs when I want variety from the Chinese buffet ribs.  I do not really feel guilty about this, though, since it is a part of my routine, and it helped me through the weight loss process this year.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

My eating habits could definitely be better. The past month has been terrible, but I've also been busy. I know better than to let that be an excuse, but it is what it is. My guilty pleasure is cheese - all kinds of cheese. It is so hard for me to resist it. Jason, I am shocked that I was able to read one of your posts on my phone and didn't have to scroll down at all!!

Wandering Wally

My major food groups seem to consist of pizza, ice cream, chocolate, cheese, salsa, chips and beer. I am working on improving my habits though.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

You would ask this after Thanksgiving Week...

Well, last week notwithstanding,  I generally have oatmeal with raisins and an English muffin for breakfast (with a little jelly), a sliced turkey breast sandwich and Wheat Thins for lunch (with chocolate animal crackers for dessert).  Dinner rotates between two or three standard entrees - whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce, chicken vegetable soup, baked potato with shredded cheese, sometimes a chicken tenders sandwich if I've burned plenty of calories the rest of the day.  Steamed veggies on the side, and usually cereal and maybe something sweeter for dessert.  Usually have a few relatively healthy snacks throughout the day.  Natural peanut butter often makes an appearance.

Could be a lot worse, but it could be better.  Probably too many carbs, and I should probably put something a little healthier with that lunchtime turkey sandwich.

Guilty pleasure would be an extra helping of peanut butter, or one of whatever completely unhealthy dessert a certain unnamed person who lives here often bakes up.  I've begun to suspect she's trying to fatten me up to eat me.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people