Wearing my sports watch all the time (Read 172 times)

I got my nike sport watch in april and have been wearing it non stop, it seems pretty durable but i just got two scratches on the side of it while playing with my dog, and my husband thinks i should only wear it when i run so i dont ruin it (i do admit i have a really bad track record with things, my personal motto should be "just cant have nice things")

It got me wondering if people switch them around with another watch, wear them nonstop or keep them on a bed of clouds in a temperature controlled room guarded by rottweilers when not running.

thanks for your feedback!

I do if for the bananas.  They are really good bananas.

#artbydmcbride

I dunno, but I see a lot of folks wearing FitBits nonstop.  One of them told me he even wears it while sleeping and checks to see how much he rolls around at night.  

Runners run

kcam

I wear my Garmin FR220 as my daily watch.

joescott

That's what I'm talkin' about. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wear it nonstop.  It's a fashion statement, and like everything else these days, it's disposable if necessary.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

405 is my daily watch. Never can tell when I will have time to get in a few walking miles while working.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

ultramarathon/triathlete

I guess it depends on what you wear to work.  If you wear dress clothes, a sport watch will look silly (unless maybe you work at Garmin or Nike).

As for the fitbit sleeping, that's half the point of the thing.  It's made to track sleeping patterns.  If you only wear it during the waking day, you're not really getting as much data from it.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

xhristopher

The 220 is much more comfortable than my old 610 so it gets left on the wrist a lot.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

While I love my FR110, I have teeny wrists, and it looks kind of funny if I'm not also in running clothes.  So regular metal dress watch for me.