Cyclocross (Read 114 times)

I wasn't there, but thought this was awesome:

Spiral of Doom from Darlings Island Cyclocross 2013

2013 Goal: Make 3:00:16 go away - FAIL.

2014 Goal: Make 3:00:16 go away.

Needs more cowbell!

Ooh, one of the series we do did this maybe 4 years ago...it was before I got sucked into the sport.  My hubby raced...I spectated.  It was COLD that day!!!  On a rainy/snowy day after several days of rain...by the end it was a spiral of thick mud.  I think it was that race that kind of put the thought in my head that maybe I should try CX...I do love mud (and we've not had any muddy races this year, which is sorta sad.  We only have 2 left).

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Needs more cowbell!

Speaking of CX...we had our Halloween race yesterday.  I had a jacked-up back for this race last year, so I have been looking forward to dressing-up for it for over a year.  One of my teammates snapped a fun shot of me before I got all sweaty and gross with snot running down my face.  I ended up placing 3/7 women in my race.

Already considering what I might do for a costume next year.  2 years ago I was a butterfly.  I love the wings thing.  It photographs cool during races.  I pretend I can fly... Tongue

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

That's awesome, Zoom! Sharp!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Needs more cowbell!

Thanks!

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Runslowalksalot

I would love to have an overhead view of that!   Racing skinny tired bike through the mud in winter; sounds like fun!

Needs more cowbell!

No overheads from our race, but there are bound to be some from the worlds in Louisville almost a year ago.  There's another really cool video floating around from a single-speed championship race a year or two ago, but I can't find it.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Needs more cowbell!

Wish I had cable TV…not sure I want to get up at 5AM for live streaming...

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals: