multi-vitamin? (Read 1350 times)

i take 'em off-and-on but figure i should pick up a new round, as the current crop of students all have forebodingly green crusts on their noses lately. normally, i rely on my diet to keep my own nose clean, but sometimes my occupation demands i have a little back-up support. i've always just picked up whatever multi + calcium & iron was on sale, as long as the %s listed for any given nutrient or mineral was under 300%... are there brands or varieties that you folks prefer?

I use a generic brand and aim for the good diet, but next time I need to buy new ones (which will be a while given the size bottle I bought) I will probably get the centrum silver. I read in Men's Health that it's just as good of a combination for somebody in their 20s as in their 60s. That being said, I will probably just get what I got this time given that it will be a lot cheaper, is my guess, and I aim for getting what I need through diet and not supplements.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

FYI, I read this a while back and found it interesting. http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/08/22/healthmag.multivitamins/index.html It recommends "one a day women's"-I take the men's, and have been pretty happy with that.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I take a generic "maximum" vitamin that is supposed to have more nutrients that active folks need. Not sure if it makes much difference, but it's cheap. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

I take Dora the Explorer chewable vitamins. Usually Swiper The Fox because my 4 y.o. only likes Dora and Boots kind so there are lots of Swipers left over.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aww, man!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I take Dora the Explorer chewable vitamins. Usually Swiper The Fox because my 4 y.o. only likes Dora and Boots kind so there are lots of Swipers left over.
                hahahha i did eyeball a bottle of flintstones on the shelf for quite a while before putting it down in favor of the target-brand equivalent of some centrum for women or something. nothing over 300%, 1 tablet a day. i take it when i have been eating out more than i've been eating in, or if i've eaten food prepared by children at school (dun dun dun... they wash their hands, but then sneeze in the apples when i'm not looking)
                  Hey Swiper, no swiping! I use whatever kind my wife puts in the cabinet. Centrum right now, I think. I also take a calcium supplement and glucosamine. I've heard that there's conflicting research results on the value of glucosamine - but there you go.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?