What do you do with your race stuff (bib, medal, pictures, etc) (Read 3244 times)

I just finished my first Boston and I would like to do something with the bib, medal, a couple of pics, and some of the other souvenirs the race generated.  I am thinking a framed collage of some sort, however, artistically I am a relatively uninspired person.  If anyone has done or seen anything nice they wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate it.  Pictures get you bonus points.  Thanks very much.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Feeling the growl again

I have a shadow box my wife did with the medals from my most memorable races.  I did buy the personal pic on a frame from both of my Boston runs.  Other than that, my running memorabilia is stuffed into boxes in the closet.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Get Lost :)

I leave my medals in the finisher's race tent on accident, along with my favorite hat.

These look pretty nice, and they include an additional finishers medal so you can wear one while you admire the other.

Boston Marathon plaques and frames

Modified: to get my picture bonus points, not sure if the link would count.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

the more memorable ones are either on my dresser or my wife puts them somewhere on display throughout the house. Like, for example, the really cool plaque at St. Louis two weeks ago.

Most however, just end up in a shoe box in the closet. 

Seanv2

Maybe it is because I haven't run that many races, but I'm still proud of all of mine and have put them up on the back of a door to one of our closets.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

she runs like a girl

I kind of have a bulletin board in my room for school stuff but my latest race pics go there.

I also have a rack that looks like a key rack that I hang my PR medals on and then I write my times and the year in black sharpie on the back - then, non PR medals or finisher medals that aren't from big important reaces go in the box in the closet Smile

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
                ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Here is what I do, kinda messy though:

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                  My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.
                  Then brag for the rest of your life.
                  -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

These look pretty nice, and they include an additional finishers medal so you can wear one while you admire the other.

Boston Marathon plaques and frames

Modified: to get my picture bonus points, not sure if the link would count.

Why a unicorn?!

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Why a unicorn?!

The elusive goal of the Boston Marathon as a fitting logo for the BAA, right? Also, the mascot of the New Braunfels High School Unicorns.

she runs like a girl

the mascot of the New Braunfels High School Unicorns.

Really? I'm sure the football team loves that

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

Really? I'm sure the football team loves that

I can't remember how much of a joke their gesture was, but shape your hand like you would gesturing a beer glass, but now place your thumb onto the middle of your forehead. From this position, extend your hand outward away from your forehead in the shape of a horn. That's apparently the sign of the Unicorn.

xor

Medals go in shoeboxes.  Numbers in a scrapbook.  Shirts get worn, put in a pile for throwaways, or given to goodwill.  Pictures (what few I have) are currently in a box.

Oddly, my numbers are the things I actually look at from time to time.

Thanks for the feed back.  I keep my bibs and results in a scrap book, and most of my medals in a drawer in the bed room.  This race was special enough I want to keep the things out for a bit.

Googleing shadow box gave me plenty of ideas.  I think I am going to try for something like this:

I'm thinking using the mylar blanket (the printed side) for the background, then matting the things I put in the box on black. 

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

A Saucy Wench

apparently I toss my bibs in random drawers.  Whenever I clean out a drawer I find a bib or two.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7