Importing old log (Read 925 times)

Ham & Egger

Last few months, I've been using Athleticore and I've kind of think I'd like to switch over to you guys. I was wondering if it would be possible to import data directly from the site, or if I can import date using an Excel file. I'm only interesting in importing about a month and half of data (start of current training cycle). Any chance I won't have to import this manually? Thanks, in advance.
    www.tuscaloosarunner.blogspot.com
      There is an import for tab delimited Excel files. If you click on the Training Log tab at the top and then Tools on the left you can find it. Eric (our fantastic fearless leader) set it up and it works for imports of a Cool Running log. I'm not sure about Athleticore, but give it a try and if it doesn't work, post here again. Good luck and welcome to RA!
      eric :)

tuscaloosarunner, If you only have a month and a half's worth of data, it'll probably take you the same amount of time to enter it as it will take me to convert the data to a format that's acceptable to the importer. If you insist on not doing it manually, send me an email via the feedback form and I'll see what I can do. eric :-)
        jlang

Hi Eric. Similar problem here. I have an Excel spreadsheet going back over a couple of years . It would be easy to put the columns in the right order to import - if I knew what the right order was. (I've no CoolRunning example to work from and interestingly, the RunningAhead exported sheet doesn't import cleanly.)
          eric :)

jlang, Send me an email and I'll get you started. Do not do it yourself because the importer is very picky and even if you get the data in the correct format, there's still a chance that it may screw up. eric :-)
              Hi there! Brand new user here. Not sure if this is where I need to post but I would LOVE to import my old data from, guess where? The RW running log. I was so thrilled to see this format here, after a fellow twitter friend recommended this as a new log for me. I now see that RW is using your format and since I came from the RW-to-RA approach, this is soooo cool since I am used to this format *and* I have more features. RW is great but with no garmin support *and* a few glitches, I decided to give another log a try. So I have a spreadsheet now from exporting from RW site. I don't see a tool import that here but reading this thread states there is but it seems to be best to have eric provide some other details? I don't know how to e-mail you/eric directly, so I'm giving this reply a try. Thanks!
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm glad you found RA! It's a wonderful site. If you make your log public, you can get lots of great advice. To contact Eric, click on the "Home" tab at the top of the page. Then look at the lower right-hand corner and click on "Feedback." Good luck!