I wear mine all the time (Read 748 times)

Driver, Runner, Bestie

I got a HRM Polar watch from by husband for Christmas. Although I was not totally floored to get it (I wanted a Garmin), I've grown to love it. I wear it all the time, even to bed. Its not particularly attractive for a women's watch, kinda big, lots of plastic and not sparkly. I guess it represents the important things in life, running and love. So, how often do you guys wear your HRM /GPS watches?
    Scout7

Twice a week.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wear my Garmin pretty much all the time (and by all the time I mean on all of my runs--not ever while not running), but the longer I have it, the less I look at it. It's mostly there as a recording device. I couldn't imagine sleeping in it, though. I think I'd wake up with weird marks on my face. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I wear mine every run, but lately, I've taken to showing less info on the screen. Screen 1: Total Time Screen 2: Total Distance Screen 3: HR% Maybe my eyes are getting worse and I just like the big numbers. Tongue Actually, I'm just trying to avoid looking at my watch so much on the run. I'm in an easy base period, so I have no need to obsess about pace, other than top make sure that it's easy. The %HR is there as a check to make sure I'm not going too fast (I try to stay below 80% unless I can't help it (i.e. going uphill)).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

TRIing to beat the heat!

I wear my Garmin when I'm running and that's it. Even though I have the 405 (hence, it's more watch-like), my wrists are so tiny that it still looks HUGE (read- ridiculous) on me for daily wear. I love your avatar! Collies are the absolute BEST! We have a smooth coated Sable. Big grin

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

A Saucy Wench

I wear mine for every run, but no, I wouldnt wear mine outside of running.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Double IPA Please!

Only when running, otherwise it goes in a drawer with my ipod and what not.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

goat

Finder of good newts

I wear mine every run, but lately, I've taken to showing less info on the screen.
                  Same here... I'm down to Time of Day and Total Time on most days. The rest I download after the fact.

It's hard to look down if you don't go up