Run early on Tuesday (Read 527 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Make sure your Tuesday run starts at about 4AM CST and keep an eye on the moon. The Midwest and Eastern US will enjoy one of the last total lunar eclipses for many years to come. Look west, and expect totality around the time the moon slips under the horizon, just after 5am CST... http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2007Aug28T.GIF
      Can't I just stay up really late and go running before bedtime instead????
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that is REALLY tempting...I'm planning my long run for tomorrow, but I have a feeling I won't manage to drag my butt outta bed quite that early. Would definitely be a neat sight, though. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Basically... run!

I'm planning on staying up tonight to watch it! Smile (It won't be so late for me being on the west coast.)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

4:20 AM, out the door in a few minutes...
              we got a decent look at it here before the cloud closed in. hope you have a good run
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Great run, cool moon! It went below the horizon shortly after hitting totality. Next one is in Feb, in the evening (I was mistaken in thinking it won't be for a few years, however the following one isn't until 2010).
                  I got up a little before 5 a.m. ET to run during the eclipse and walked outside to rain- thunder/lightning so it was back to bed for me. I did see the images on the news later in the morning. Pretty cool.
                  http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                    Hit the road at 4:49 am and caught the first part of it. Very cool. Reminded me of a raspberry. Tried to wake my wife up when I got back to show her. After a bit of pestering (by me) she got out of bed, looked out the window, said 'wow, that's great' and went back to bed. I quite sure she didn't see it.

Swadvad

Blocked by cloud cover here. It hasn't rained a drop in 30 days, but we have clouds this morning! The only thing good about the drought has been the lower humidity.