Midwinter 10 Mile Classic (Read 624 times)

xhristopher

Deadline to carry over 2011's cancelled race registration to 2012 was last week so I decided to go. Anyone else carrying over their registration or planning to run this one?

Midwinter 10 Mile Classic - Cape Elizabeth, Maine

an amazing likeness

Yep.  Gee, let's hope it doesn't snow in Maine in early February, again.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

I'll just be jogging it. Guaranteed PR for me regardless... and if it does snow I recommend moving it to summer... so long as they still call it Midwinter.

an amazing likeness

It is a fun race...I like a lot of things about it:  huddling in the school, then heading out into the cold while the some try to look cool in singlets and shorts, the course is rolly polly enough to be challenging (especially the long steady climb at mile 9), the yucky pizza at the finish while everyone talks about how warm they were.  It's a great way to kick off super bowl Sunday.

Best of all, I like now knowing that some dude who is going to jog it will beat me to the finish. Uggh.  (g)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I'll be there, since it's sort of free, but not really.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Jim in Wells

I carried my 2010 registration over and will be there.

Yep.  Gee, let's hope it doesn't snow in Maine in early February, again.

i am runnin this...so chances ah that there will be less than desireable condishins...sorry.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

No Talent Drips

I'm a carry over too...and have re-registered. First timer.

Dei Gratia

I'm Betty if you're Al

I plan on running this one for the first time this year.  I usually run the Boston Prep but am opting out of that race this year. 

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

xhristopher

OK, I'm out already. My running just got trumped by a family obligation, a fun family obligation.

I've emailed the race director to tell them to release and sell my spot. I'll run this one some year soon. Have fun everyone!