Secret First Marathon (Read 657 times)

Lazy idiot

Awesome job, bas! that looks like an amazing start/finish lap, there. Congratulations.

Tick tock

bas

Thanks for all the compliments & congratulations! Yes, I *am* more than a little proud. The picture is from the amsterdam marathon site, no credit to me Wink But it does convey the atmosphere there. When is my next? Don't know yet, but I do have the feeling there will be one... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

madness baby

Haven't heard from you in a while, Bas. Congrats on your awesome race! I did a short race ending in a stadium like that in LA last month, and even though it was a short race, it was incredible to come through the tunnel into an Olympic stadium to finish. I'm glad you got to finish with your first marathon with your friend! We forgive you for not telling us. . . Wink
        deb

Go Pre!

Bas, long time no hear...glad you're still a runner Smile Smile Smile Great to hear about the Marathon and awesome job, great picture and report. I would have loved to shared the lead up to the rac e with you but I completely understand the superstition! Congrats! Dave
            congrats bas, you should be proud! That looks like quite the event, what a cool way to start and finish!
            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Bas ... you are THE MAN ... well done ... great job and great race report! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, that photo is amazing--great work, Bas! I hope you are resting up nicely, now! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Way to go on your Secret Marathon! Which one is you in the picture?
                  bas

Way to go on your Secret Marathon! Which one is you in the picture?
                    I'm the one in the white shirt Big grin bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

congratulations!! and yeah: great picture!