Are there any other AlterG users here? (Read 2247 times)

I look my best blurry!

I feel so alone! Have any of you used one for training or for recovery? I would like to talk and share tips for training on one. I have been using the AG for several months now off and on. When I couldn't run at all otherwise, it has saved my mental health as well as my ability to train while recovering from lower leg problems. Kristen
    HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I feel so alone! Have any of you used one for training or for recovery? Isomeone like to talk with someone who uses one to share experiences and tips for training on one. I have been using the AG for several months now off and on. When I couldn't run at all otherwise, it has saved my mental health as well as my ability to train while recovering from lower leg problems. Kristen

Don't have that kind of cash Smile  I know, if you tweet, that Shayla Houlihan (@ShaLayla) uses one here with Team USA Arizona.  She is pretty active twitter user - bet she would chat with you.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)
      xor

Yeah.  It is waaay out of my price range.

RunsForCake

*nods* head

And right now I wish I had one.  Damn IT Band...again.  *sigh*

The last time I checked the price of the AG (just for grins), I figured I could either buy two cars, or one AG.  

MrH

Nope.

My DW has used deep water running a lot.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

BeeRunB

These AG machines look like amazing inventions, but why not rest for a few weeks and let the injuries heal?

*nods* head

And right now I wish I had one.  Damn IT Band...again.  *sigh*

IKR! somehow this year ive managed to hurt both at the same time. FML.

I feel so alone! Have any of you used one for training or for recovery? Isomeone like to talk with someone who uses one to share experiences and tips for training on one. I have been using the AG for several months now off and on. When I couldn't run at all otherwise, it has saved my mental health as well as my ability to train while recovering from lower leg problems. Kristen

Are you kidding me Kristetn....I cant even afford to go places where they might have one.......let alone actually get access to one.....but your LOG looks pretty darn good for Boston....

Champions are made when no one is watching

I look my best blurry!

Well this just confirms that I have definitely hit the jackpot getting access to this machine. It is underutilized in this PT office. They let me have unlimited access for less than my regular gym membership. Trust me I wouldn't buy one or pay per visit charges either.

I look my best blurry!

These AG machines look like amazing inventions, but why not rest for a few weeks and let the injuries heal?

Are you using that 4 letter word???
                          Well this just confirms that I have definitely hit the jackpot getting access to this machine. It is underutilized in this PT office. They let me have unlimited access for less than my regular gym membership. Trust me I wouldn't buy one or pay per visit charges either.

I'm hoping to convince John Franco to let me use his. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

There are only a handful on the East coast.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

BeeRunB

Are you using that 4 letter word???

LOL. Cool No, I would never blaspheme. I was brought up correctly by tribe of runners in northern Rhode Island,

and if that word was ever spoken, the offender would be forced to Gallowalk in local races wearing a scarlet R.

I won't even go into the whole pansy bouquet punishment...

xor

There are only a handful on the East coast.

More than a handful would be a waste.

According to my brother at least.