Countdown time (Read 99 times)

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I noticed my countdown time is about 7.5 hours different from the timer on the Air Force Marathon website for the same date and time event. Not sure why?

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

montag

Super Pro Lurker

Looks like their timer is set off of midnight and your countdown is set from the actual race start.

eric :)

Hi cheeseburger,

At first I thought the count down widget is wrong.  Then I thought maybe you didn't set the correct time zone.  I went over to their site to get the race time info.  It took me a while to find it because it's hidden in the FAQ and not on the race info page.  The race starts at 7:30 AM Ohio time (UTC -5).  Their count down reads 135 days 10 hr 40 min.  It is currently 1:20 PM EDT.  That means either they set their count down to the start of the day, or their race starts at midnight...

eric Smile

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Well... hopefully they are better at drone navigation and maintenance than coding race timer widgets.  Smile

Edited to note: I see that the race website is not run by the Air force but by Active Endurance. We can all breath a sigh of relief.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I just set my widget for the start of the Marathon to Marathon.  Their homepage also has a countdown timer.  The two are off by something like six seconds.  Intolerable!!

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Are either of them correct?

I just set my widget for the start of the Marathon to Marathon.  Their homepage also has a countdown timer.  The two are off by something like six seconds.  Intolerable!!

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We won't know until the race starts, will we?

spinach

We won't know until the race starts, will we?

One could be gun time and the other chip time.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

One could be gun time and the other chip time.

Hey, I bet you're right!