2000+ mile club - "Road Warriors" now open. (Read 1091 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, gang! To accomodate the pavement/ trail shredding, multi-mile marking, gotta-run-a-lot-a-lot-a-lot-a-lot croud, there is now a 2000+ mile club open over at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000. If you seriously plan on running 2000+ miles this year, why not hop over onto that club instead? A more approprite pace bunny will be provided (THANK YOU, ERIC!) and you'll get a chance to hang out with similarly minded people. And it'll free up the leader's board for those of us who are actually shooting for 1500. Big grin It was brought to my attention that a lot of the members of the 1500 mile club are signed up for the 1000 mile club as well. Which makes it really hard for someone who is genuinely struggling to make 1000 miles in the year to have even a shot at the leader's board. If you're genuinely shooting for 1500 miles in 2007, please make sure you're only signed up for the 1500 mile club. You can leave a group by going to User Groups --> Options --> Leave Group.

Roads were made for journeys...

Why is it sideways?

I'm in.
      va

Neil and JakeKnight have done over 21 miles in three days. At that pace they will log over 2500 miles this year! Is there any group big enough to hold these guys!!! Big grin
          It was brought to my attention that a lot of the members of the 1500 mile club are signed up for the 1000 mile club as well. Which makes it really hard for someone who is genuinely struggling to make 1000 miles in the year to have even a shot at the leader's board. If you're genuinely shooting for 1500 miles in 2007, please make sure you're only signed up for the 1500 mile club. You can leave a group by going to User Groups --> Options --> Leave Group.
          I totally agree! It is a little disheartening to be feeliing like we're doing alot of running, and yet being wayyyyyyyy behind some of the pack (in the 1000 miler club)!
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Neil and JakeKnight have done over 21 miles in three days. At that pace they will log over 2500 miles this year! Is there any group big enough to hold these guys!!! Big grin
            I don't know about Neil, but as far as JakeKnight goes, whenever he sees a mountain in front of him he doesn't stop to check how high it is... he just starts climbing! And from what I've seen, usually makes it to the top, too! I'll bet if someone made a 5000 mile club and put a 6-pack of beer as a prize for finishing, Jake'd be there within 6 months... Big grin

What the...? So I joined and now I'm somehow the "owner" of the 2k group. WINGZ!!!!!!

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin I never said *I* was planning on running 2000 miles this year. Tongue C'mon. It'll be fine. You don't have to *do* anything as "owner."

Why is it sideways?

Only 4 of us? I've found myself in a group with mikeymike (!), mkleiman (!), and Trent (!!!). Wow--I'm going to have to admit that I'm a running geek. Big grin Pretty soon I'll have a rule about shorts and temperature outside. And every other post I'll be referencing a monkey. Scary. Where are the ladies at?
                    All we need now is gorilla man himself and the freakshow will be complete. We can all get hockey helmets and drive around from race to race in a volkswagen mini-bus.

Runners run

I only joined for the free donuts. I keep checking my inbox, but no donuts yet. No

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm going to have to admit that I'm a running geek. Big grin Pretty soon I'll have a rule about shorts and temperature outside. And every other post I'll be referencing a monkey. Scary
                        Too late.
                        Regina

Only 4 of us? ... Where are the ladies at?
                          Hey, if you're only in four you've got a subscription to the leaders board!!! Wink I promise to join you as soon as my children are grown up and my hubby has learned to do the housework better!! Another option would be that I improve my speed by 33% - but there's not much hope for this alternative, I guess...
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, if you're only in four you've got a subscription to the leaders board!!! Wink
                            Oooh, that is a good point... maybe I should join back up... Wink

JakeKnight

The odds of me running 2500 miles this year (or any year) are just about the same as the odds of Jessica Alba finally returning my phone calls. But I appreciate the vote of confidence. I suppose anything is possible. (Call me, Jess! Wink) Nevertheless, since I do plan on hitting 1500 ... I suppose you're right. Your wish, my command, etc. I'm out. Sorry 'bout that. Thought it was a "more the merrier, group motivation" thing rather than a "leader board" sorta thang. For the record though, there's an easy dozen or more people on that list who will far outrun me this year. Including at least one who runs more in a day than I do in a month. If he ever wakes up and goes for a jog it's going to mess you guys all up. Smile I gotta go make a phone call now ...

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

JessicaAlba

Hey, Jake. I've been busy. I'll call you back ASAP. Do you want to go running some time? I hear there is a nice park near where you live. You know, I just love running on hills. Are there any hills in the park? That would be fab! Cool