Quad Cities Marathon 2011 (Read 1778 times)

Oh yes, and buy dark shorts unless you want it to look like you've peed.

Not that there is anything wrong with peeing. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I psychologically need to feel nourished when I go to bed the night before anything that might involve effort.  So I leave some of my snacking until later in the day on those days.

I need to read what I write before I post.  I like to make sure I feel as though I have sufficient calories in me the night before I'm planning a morning run that will involve either distance or intensity.  I don't think this is a physiological requirement as much as a psychological one.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

jpdeaux

You should stop peeing in yours and they would last longer.

Where's the fun in that?

bucketlist

so I am way beyond excited, I have gotten up to the 12ml marker and going for 14ml this weekend and I swear its like I have been doing this my entire existence!  I cant say that I run the entire time, but I finish each run with about 11 min miles, for me that is HUGE!  Its been unbearable hot here and running any distance is proving to be a major deal.  I have to either greet the sun or wave it goodbye in order to not fall over from heat exhaustion.  I have completed several of the shorter runs during the week mid morning or late afternoon and that is quite the feat, but over all i am figuring out the gear that works, still not so good with the food intake, working on it tho.  I never thought that I would have this much fun, and that I would feel this amazing.  I have energy that would rival a four year old, and find that I am actually a nicer human being.  I am with out a doubt addicted.  

i think I recall some one mentioning eating some jelly bean type thingies while they run for a boost?  anyone?  and where can I find them?  (keep in mind that I live in rural Iowa!)

bl

ps.  only run in dark shorts, found out early on that I sweat with a great deal of zeal! 

i think I recall some one mentioning eating some jelly bean type thingies while they run for a boost?  anyone?  and where can I find them?  (keep in mind that I live in rural Iowa!)

Hey Buckets:

I've found these in Target, WalMart, and most grocery stores.

bucketlist

awesome!  Thx tons!  I am on the hunt now!!!

bucketlist

Hey Buckets:

I've found these in Target, WalMart, and most grocery stores.

xor

Human maraca.

jpdeaux

Human maraca.

Yes. And a more pleasing tone in a race than the jangling cymbal chorus of a marathoner wearing 40 race medals around his neck.

xor

Yes. And a more pleasing tone in a race than the jangling cymbal chorus of a marathoner wearing 40 race medals around his neck.

???

The one time I carried them, after listening to the maracas for the first 30 min realized that the people I am running will slowly pull away or give me a wide berth, carried them in hand for the next 30, then they went in the next trash container I could find.  Maybe useful on runs longer than 2 hours though.  The manufacturer needs to find a way to silence them, cause me like.

bucketlist

found GU Chomps here locally, gonna give'm a try on 16 ml this weekend......praying I dont throw up Smile

Lazy idiot

found GU Chomps here locally, gonna give'm a try on 16 ml this weekend......praying I dont throw up Smile

I actually like these quite a bit.  They're like gummy bears, but big blocks.  They're not the easiest thing to chew while running, but if you can stop for a minute or two to get a few of these in along with some water to wash them down it's much easier.

Tick tock

Jeff F

Free Beer

Even if you live in the middle of nowhere...there is this thing called the internet.

I actually like these quite a bit.  They're like gummy bears, but big blocks.  They're not the easiest thing to chew while running, but if you can stop for a minute or two to get a few of these in along with some water to wash them down it's much easier.

I was log stalking someone the other day and saw that a runner in her group nearly choked on a Blok...heimlich had to be performed and everything...now I am scared of Bloks, especially when running solo.  I like the beans though...and mine always melt together, so no human maraca.