Garmin Forerunner 305 won't turn on, won't charge (Read 13632 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! This worked. Thanks, RA! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

redleaf

Okay - I'll try this tonight first Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

nolamama

CQTM

This worked for my 205 last night!! So excited...I had even bought a new charging cradle, which I'm returning today.

farleyville

Thank God for the internet and RA.  Or I would have been buying a new Garmin.  Worked perfectly.

Thanks!!!

I am having the opposite problem with my 305.  It won't turn off.  I have tried the soft reset and hard reset, but it won't turn off and it won't reset.  I can get it to go to the question about erasing all my data, but I can't move the arrow to yes.  any suggestions?  I asked the garmin tech help and they told me I would have to send it in.  It is pretty old, so I am not sure it is worth it.  It has been working great up to now, other than a few times when it wouldn't turn on, but then the soft reset corrected that.

Jackie

kcam

Of course if you do nothing it will turn off when the battery drains.  Then you can see if a recharge fixes it.

an amazing likeness

...but I can't move the arrow to yes.  any suggestions?  I asked the garmin tech help and they told me I would have to send it in.  It is pretty old, so I am not sure it is worth it.  It has been working great up to now, other than a few times when it wouldn't turn on, but then the soft reset corrected that.

Sounds like the buttons on the side (under their rubber covers) are just worn out.  You can try pushing in the Up/Down buttons with a pen, but that will kill the rubber cover and you're screwed from that point.  I've had this happen...and it's really the end of life for that unit.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Of course if you do nothing it will turn off when the battery drains.  Then you can see if a recharge fixes it.

The battery has drained since it is on all the time and I have taken it off the charger.  I have then tried recharging both with the computer and on the regular charger.  Once it comes on, it just stays on.

I guess I should just be grateful for the years of service it has given me and move on.  I just hate having to decide what to get as a replacement.

Jackie

I am having the opposite problem with my 305.  It won't turn off.  I have tried the soft reset and hard reset, but it won't turn off and it won't reset.

I had this problem with my 305.  For mine, it ended up being either the Start/Stop button or the Lap/Reset button (sorry can't remember which) was stuck down.  I used a sharp knife to go around the edge of the button to get it to pop back up.  It was very subtle to see.  Might be the same.