elecrolyte replacement (Read 745 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LMAO!!! Evil grin Wink Wink Wink HUB agrees with you of course...... MEN.
    Big grin Sandy, if the taste of some of the drinks doesn't sit well with you, you might try S-Caps or Endurolytes capsules. I have a bottle of the Endurolytes that I haven't really used, but likely will this Summer. I find that when I am really hot and thirsty that Gatorade is too sweet and can kinda turn my stomach, but I sweat a lot and end up so caked with my own salt that I need something to replace the crusty stuff with.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Trent, I hear what you say about eating salt in food and getting the potassium in bananas, but what do you do when that isn't enough? Do the S-caps work? How often do you take them? I'm looking for something to supplement for a long bike trip this summer - 360 miles in 6 days. Last year we did 245 in 5 days and I had major issues with dehydration - something I battle regularly anyway. We had 90+ degree/high humidity weather all week and I went through about 140 oz of water a day while on the bike. I expected to be able to buy gatorade along the way, but we were on backroads and that was not an option. (This year I will carry powdered gatorade to mix in a water bottle). I ate 2 bananas a day, lots of fresh fruit, and was salting already salty food. Still, I had times where I was in the danger zone - cold and clammy in that kind of heat . . .
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, that is when you take S caps and gatorade and the like. How often you take them, like energy gels, depends on you. The only way to know is through experimentation. Start with what they say on the bottle as your guide.
        jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Thanks!