Setting "Only allow members in my groups to view my log" doesn't seem to work (Read 515 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

FYI: As far as I can tell, the My Log Preferences setting Only allow members in my groups to view my log performs exactly the same as the setting Keep my running log private That is, it doesn't let anyone see your log. I tried leaving & rejoining groups to see if that helped, but it didn't seem to help.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Wingz

Professional Noob

To view a log of someone set to "Only allow members in my groups" you must first go to the group's "Reports" tab. From there, your NAME will be in blue. Click on that and you can see the log. Kind of convoluted and not very intuitive, but it works. I can see your log just fine that way.

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

The allow group members option is a little clunky because I am trying to optimize all the code to reduce the server load. Calculating group member relationships is a little tricky. In the case of forum posts, it will take several passes to collect all the information needed to determine access, which would slow everything down. Right now, the database is quite strained, despite having a new server because it's holding way too much data. Once I get the new log rolled out (I'm hoping around Christmas) and finish GPS import, I need to sit down with a database guru (any db admins here?) and see what my options are. Once I figure it out, then I can make group member log viewing more straight forward. eric :-)