Go ahead and have that chocolate bar (Read 198 times)

Best Present Ever

Interesting.  I just read the article.

A chocolate consumption frequency–squared term was nonsignificant, providing no evidence for a U-shaped relationship of chocolate consumption frequency to BMI. In contrast to chocolate consumption frequency, the amount of chocolate eaten was not related to BMI, favorably or adversely (eg, per medium chocolate serving or 1 oz [28 g], β = 0.00057 [P = .97] in an age- and sex-adjusted model [analyses not shown]).

and later this:

Adults who consumed chocolate more frequently had a lower BMI than those who consumed chocolate less often. The findings were retained or strengthened in a range of adjustment models and was not explained by calorie intake (frequent chocolate intake was linked to more overall calories), activity, or other assessed potential confounders.

Golomb BA, Koperski S, White HL. Association Between More Frequent Chocolate Consumption and Lower Body Mass Index. Arch Intern Med.2012;172(6):519-521. doi:10.1001/archinternmed.2011.2100.

Gator eye

Oh thank you thank you thank you.

Be right back making a chocolate run.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Otherwise known as "fat people are afraid to admit how much chocolate they eat when polled."

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Hip Redux

Otherwise known as "fat people are afraid to admit how much chocolate they eat when polled."

Heh!

seattlechica

So the more chocolate I eat, the thinner I will be?  K, I'm on it!

Hip Redux

So the more chocolate I eat, the thinner I will be?  K, I'm on it!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED