My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Mr MattM

Nice little 5 miler at lunch with some strides...

be curious; not judgmental

degregorius

No running today.

Flying off the handle? Check.

Jumping to conclusions? Check.

But no running.  Must let the legs recover from Sunday's long one.

btw. Does Jumping to Conclusions count as plyometrics (sp?)

Mr MattM

But no running.  Must let the legs recover from Sunday's long one.

No, no, no... an easy 5-miler would be better than no running.  You'd feel better immediately after the run, and the following day.  Quit that 'must do total rest after long run' thinking...

Hi Matt. Good advice, re: recovery runs.

I ran a MUCH better 3.7 miles this morning than yesterday. Strong and happy. It was colder than the forecast  though, website said 35ish, but it felt like low 20s. Certainly better than -7 of a month ago! Tomorrow I do my first hill repeats- 12% grade 2x10 on a 3.6 mile course. Yay.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Hill repeats!  I hate love hate hills.

So, I can't find my legs.  I've run an easy 4 days in a row (4.5, 6, 10, 6) since taking the week off and I feel like I've dipped them in concrete boots and are running around with them.  This seems to be a common theme whenever I have to take three days or more off from  training.  The first few days to a week after I start backup are weird.  I'm not experiencing any pain or soreness; just tightness.  Which is the exact opposite of how they were feeling before I had the time off.  I felt loose and fresh.

Anyone else experience this?

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

Mattchiro Maybe some good slow Yoga would help.

My first hill repeats and they were excellent! I did 4 x 20 on a 12% grade over 3.6 mile course. Heavy snow, but beautiful. I love that I get such a magnificent view when I'm on the top of my hill. I did way more than I had planned, but went with what felt right. Most of my courses are hilly, so it was a bit easier than I thought.

pae

Hill repeats!  I hate love hate hills. 

Then you probably would have hated loved hated the route I did yesterday.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

strangely exhausting. Did hills yesterday and a 7 miler this morning. Normally it wouldn't tucker me out but hills take it out of me. It'll be a good thing to work on this training season.

- Andrew

Roadrunner's Apprentice

My last run was....  gorgeous!  Finally a fantastic 55F outside and sunny with clear blue skies.  Did a nice 4.5 miles taking it in.  So nice to shake off the dull grey winter skies and cold for a day.

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

Revenge of the Nerd

60 minutes down by the lake with cool temps, blue sky and sun.  I took advantage of the weather and cut the grass for the first time this year.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

pcavallo I hear ya! Same shinny day here. Sweet job on the 4.5!

Planetölogy Cutting the grass!!?! Wow, ours is still under 5" of snow.

I just finished a fan-frigin-tastic 10 mile LSD! Gorgeous clear blue skies, sun glinting off the snow, temps hovering around 45. Mmm...tis good to be alive this morning in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains!

the kenyan

Not too shabby.  10.25 miles @ 9:27 pace with negative splits.  Threw in a 9:06 last mile and wasn't even consciously aware of picking up the pace.  Feeling pretty good about my half marathon in May.

degregorius

No, no, no... an easy 5-miler would be better than no running.  You'd feel better immediately after the run, and the following day.  Quit that 'must do total rest after long run' thinking...

Maybe if I was in my twenties, but I'm 50 something & have to obey what my body tells me.  Stretching the legs?   Yes.  Marching in place (a/k/a "knees up", since I work standing up.) Yes.  But even a 5mile easy run would be pushing it.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Maybe if I was in my twenties, but I'm 50 something & have to obey what my body tells me.  Stretching the legs?   Yes.  Marching in place (a/k/a "knees up", since I work standing up.) Yes.  But even a 5mile easy run would be pushing it.

Surely not Evil

steph  

Mr MattM

Surely not Evil

Absolutely not.  5 easy miles is goodness... in fact, if someone cannot run 5 easy miles after a long run, they've no damn business doing long runs in the first place!  Hrumpf!

Big grin

Oh, and I ran 2x today as I embark on my latest training...