Things that are startling... (Read 1125 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Taking a big bite of vanilla yogurt, only to discover it's plain. Tight lips

Same thing when taking a swig of Sprite/7Up/Sierra Mist and discovering the syrup is out on the soda fountain. Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

Sweet Tarts

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sweet Tarts

Not as startling as Sour Patch Kids, though (which make my teeth hurt, BTW).

Ooh, that reminds me...never eat Jelly Bellys in the dark.  You'll always end up eating the nasty flavors, like buttered popcorn and PB (flavors I adore, aside from the bean version), then feel like retching.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thought of another candy-related one.  In the UK I once had an Irish creme chocolate bar that had REAL liquid whiskey in each square.  I was totally not expecting that, as I'm sure that could not be sold in the US, at least not without an ID check.

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Dusting your toast with chili powder instead of cinnamon.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dusting your toast with chili powder instead of cinnamon.

Hmmm...yes.  Though that could be kinda tasty, too, in a different way.  That's one I'd be tempted to try, actually.

~ Sarah Kay

A few years back I watched my dad pour orange juice into his coffee.  I kept quiet, trying to figure out WHY he was pouring orange juice into his coffee....turns out he thought the gallon container was milk, but hadn't realized his mistake until the first sip!  After the initial shock, he laughed and figured out what he had done.  Then, he drank his OJ coffee.      Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Then, he drank his OJ coffee.      Big grin

Ewww... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

The little bottles of triple sec look exactly like the little bottles of anisette. One time I made margaritas with the wrong one. Dead

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The little bottles of triple sec look exactly like the little bottles of anisette. One time I made margaritas with the wrong one. Dead

I think I might drink OJ coffee before that.  We had an alcoholic neighbor years ago who would drink root beer with tequila.  He was very generous, but we never wanted to share his concoctions.

~ Sarah Kay

xor

This doesn't fit exactly, but I'll put it here anyway.

I put sugar in my coffee.  One day, I was out of sugar, so I used powdered sugar.

And...

NO.  Just, no.

"Powdered sugar" isn't just a different form-factor of sugar.  There's other stuff in it.

Now I know.

Queen of 3rd Place

I think I might drink OJ coffee before that.  We had an alcoholic neighbor years ago who would drink root beer with tequila.  He was very generous, but we never wanted to share his concoctions.

Root beer? Good lord why not just do tequila shots! 

I had a neighbor who swore that drinking beer through a straw made the buzz come faster. However he was mixing that with other chemicals so who knows. 

Ex runner

Queen of 3rd Place

This doesn't fit exactly, but I'll put it here anyway.

I put sugar in my coffee.  One day, I was out of sugar, so I used powdered sugar.

And...

NO.  Just, no.

"Powdered sugar" isn't just a different form-factor of sugar.  There's other stuff in it.

Now I know.

I think corn starch is the other stuff. Yeah it doesn't work for much. 

BTW sorry I missed you at monkey. I think I saw you but was shy because you're all like famous and stuff.

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had a neighbor who swore that drinking beer through a straw made the buzz come faster. However he was mixing that with other chemicals so who knows. 

That was always the urban myth that floated around when I was in my late teens.  I got really sick my first semester of college drinking some nasty Malibu rum drink with a straw.  I have refused to drink anything alcoholic other than margaritas with a straw, since.  I haven't had Malibu since then, either...

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now I know.

Is it just me, or does powdered sugar just taste different, too?  On a doughnut I'd rather have granulated.

~ Sarah Kay