Oscars (Read 144 times)

Tiefsa

Why am I watching the Oscars?  I didn't watch any of the movies...  I need to go to bed.

Well, I did see Ice Age Continental Drift, and Brave.  I guess out of those two I vote for Brave as the best picture of the year.

Julia1971

I hear ya.  It's 11pm and they've only done like... 2 (major) awards?  West coasters.

Jennifer Hudson, though.  Wow!  She nailed that song.

Edited because all the awards are important.

- I am spending more time replying to this thread than I spent watching the Oscars...  Absolutely 0 interest in that stuff. Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

- I am spending more time replying to this thread than I spent watching the Oscars...  Absolutely 0 interest in that stuff. Smile

For more Jennifer Hudson, catch her on TV, the show, "Smash".

If you aren't already.Smile

#artbydmcbride

Charlise Theron is the most beautiful woman in the world!

mTA: also Barbara Streisand has lost the power of her voice, but she can still make me cry.

Runners run

For more Jennifer Hudson, catch her on TV, the show, "Smash".

If you aren't already.Smile

-- Who is Jennifer Hudson?

You have to remember, you are talking to the guy who thought Jennifer Lopez and "J-Lo" were 2 different people.

I thought "J-Lo" was some rapper or something.   I finally figured it out one day when I saw the TV and they were talking about "J-Lo", but they put up a picture of Jennifer Lopez, then I was like "OOOOooooooooh!  J-Lo IS Jennifer Lopez!"  Okay, got it!  BlushBig grin

(I spend way too much time watching CNBC and business channels.    I don't know any actors/actresses, but if you tell me the name of a company, I can give you the ticker symbol abbreviation for that company in a millisecond... :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I watched most of them...came in during the little short MacFarlane did with Sally Field.

Don't have time to go into specifics, but overall, I thought it was a good presentation.  I liked the acknowledgement of the event directors and the orchestra; if they've always done that, I'd forgotten.

I thought MacFarlane did a passable job.  There were a few moments in there when he was...exactly what I would have expected from him...but for the most part, he did a good job of keeping it classy.  I think the fact that he is a relative newcomer to Hollywood (as opposed to someone like Billy Crystal or Steve Martin) put him in an awkward position, which I sensed in his demeanor.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Julia1971

Charlise Theron is the most beautiful woman in the world!

+1.