Oscars (Read 144 times)

Why am I watching the Oscars?  I didn't watch any of the movies...  I need to go to bed.

Well, I did see Ice Age Continental Drift, and Brave.  I guess out of those two I vote for Brave as the best picture of the year.

Julia1971

I hear ya.  It's 11pm and they've only done like... 2 (major) awards?  West coasters.

Jennifer Hudson, though.  Wow!  She nailed that song.

Edited because all the awards are important.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

- I am spending more time replying to this thread than I spent watching the Oscars...  Absolutely 0 interest in that stuff. Smile

The Plan (big parts)→  /// April:  Hampton, VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer (PR 80 Miles) ///  Nov:  New York Marathon  ///  Dec:  Seashore State Park 50K  ///  ∞

Runs with the pack

- I am spending more time replying to this thread than I spent watching the Oscars...  Absolutely 0 interest in that stuff. Smile

For more Jennifer Hudson, catch her on TV, the show, "Smash".

If you aren't already.Smile

just a simple cat

Charlise Theron is the most beautiful woman in the world!

mTA: also Barbara Streisand has lost the power of her voice, but she can still make me cry.

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

For more Jennifer Hudson, catch her on TV, the show, "Smash".

If you aren't already.Smile

-- Who is Jennifer Hudson?

You have to remember, you are talking to the guy who thought Jennifer Lopez and "J-Lo" were 2 different people.

I thought "J-Lo" was some rapper or something.   I finally figured it out one day when I saw the TV and they were talking about "J-Lo", but they put up a picture of Jennifer Lopez, then I was like "OOOOooooooooh!  J-Lo IS Jennifer Lopez!"  Okay, got it!  BlushBig grin

(I spend way too much time watching CNBC and business channels.    I don't know any actors/actresses, but if you tell me the name of a company, I can give you the ticker symbol abbreviation for that company in a millisecond... :-)

The Plan (big parts)→  /// April:  Hampton, VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer (PR 80 Miles) ///  Nov:  New York Marathon  ///  Dec:  Seashore State Park 50K  ///  ∞

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I watched most of them...came in during the little short MacFarlane did with Sally Field.

Don't have time to go into specifics, but overall, I thought it was a good presentation.  I liked the acknowledgement of the event directors and the orchestra; if they've always done that, I'd forgotten.

I thought MacFarlane did a passable job.  There were a few moments in there when he was...exactly what I would have expected from him...but for the most part, he did a good job of keeping it classy.  I think the fact that he is a relative newcomer to Hollywood (as opposed to someone like Billy Crystal or Steve Martin) put him in an awkward position, which I sensed in his demeanor.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Julia1971

Charlise Theron is the most beautiful woman in the world!

+1.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb