I wear-tested these! (Read 877 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NB 805 Really liked that shoe. I'm guessing they didn't make any changes after my wear-test, as it was only a couple of months ago. Not a shoe I would likely buy for training (at least at this point), but I really liked the fit and look. Definitely would be nice for just kicking-around in.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am currently on NB 826's and really like them better than my heavier Asics 2120's. I suspect the NB run half a size smaller (I got mine my mail and these shoes are a bit snug, afraid to run long in these). Is there a rhyme/reason for the NB numbering scheme. My guess is the higher the number, heavier the shoe.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is there a rhyme/reason for the NB numbering scheme. My guess is the higher the number, heavier the shoe.
        I've heard that generally the higher the #, the more technology...the 1223 is their highest-end shoe (the weight thing would make sense, except the 900 series are lightweight and the 760 series isn't). Other than that there's not much rhyme or reason. I think NB would sell a lot more shoes if they made their "naming" technique less confusing (especially when the same # shoe can be found in different categories--they just add different letters before the #s--WR = women's running shoes, MR = men's--but to the average consumer I think this only adds to the confusion). At least they have a website, though...which is more than one can say for Saucony.

~ Sarah Kay

over 9000!!!

could you describe what where they like? 1. where they neutral/ stability 2. flexable? 3. wide or tight in the toebox? 4. low profile lightweight? thanks
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

could you describe what where they like? 1. where they neutral/ stability 2. flexable? 3. wide or tight in the toebox? 4. low profile lightweight? thanks
            Neutral--no stability post. Very flexible. Roomy toebox (but snug heel), though mine were in wide width, so they should be roomy. Low profile, lightweight. Kind of like my 902s, but less cushy and less stable. I don't know that I'd want to do a long run in them, but they were fantastic for shorter, faster runs. AND I did my wear testing on snow and ice and they actually had great traction. I really liked the arch support, too. I wish all NB SL-1 lasted shoes had an arch like that. I have to throw an aftermarket arch supporting insole in my other NB shoes (adds no stability, just fills the space in under my arch better).

~ Sarah Kay

What is with the rainbow?

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What is with the rainbow?
                That charcoal grey trim is almost like an iridescent patent leather...wild stuff. Very flashy shoe. The ones I tested were the black and pink. Killed me to have to send them back. I love fun, comfy shoes. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here are the pics I took while I had them...

~ Sarah Kay