Shaunna's ING Miami Marathon race report (Read 598 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice race Shaunna, and nice report. Writing a good race report takes some work too, and you did great. Thanks for sharing, I especially love reading "first marathon" reports. BTW I've gotten into the habit of carrying a fanny pack with a bottle of sportsdrink, gels, Tylenol, and a bit of T.P. That last item has saved my a$$, literally! Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great Report! Thanks for taking the time to share! Makes me want to run a marathon but.....(maybe 2009 goal?)......Great job!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Well done, feel proud and welcome to the "Marathoner's Club" I'm impressed by the fact that you never doubted yourself. Most people say they would never do another one again, a few change their minds a day or so later, but you, you're already talking about a PR! Rest recuperate and start planning your next one.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
        My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
        Ride 112 miles.
        Run 26.2 miles.
        Then brag for the rest of your life.
        -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Thanks again everyone! Big grin I don't know about never doubting myself- I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had a few thoughts of stopping at the halfway point too. Making you run past that turn off at 13 miles adds to the temptation and I think you need a strong mental will to get through that. Smile I am so glad I just ran this one easy and didn't "race" it. It was just such a postive experience- no wall, no cramping, no blisters, no chafing. The soreness is already not so bad. Not having negitve thoughts to overcome probably helps a lot with looking forward to the next one already.