Question on "Measure Route" mapping tool use (Read 427 times)

day after day sameness

In the mapping tool...how do I measure out a route that goes over a road multiple times?  I can't see how to make the tool understand that I'm clicking to go back down the same road, and not wanting to move an existing route point?

For example, think of a square route around the block that will be run x times.   The first time around I get the route mapped, but when I return over the road that has already been mapped, clicking on the road tells the tool I want to move/adjust the existing route, not extend the run I'm mapping.

I'm sure this is user being dim my part.  But the only way I get around this is to click a bit further past each corner with each lap.

Thanks.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

I have found that if you have "follow road on foot" selected and you click a point near the road but not on it, the route will follow the same road you have already traveled without messing with the already plotted points.

I may not be describing that well...does that make sense?

Runners run.

Sometimes I add points a bit off-route, then drag them to the places they belong.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

If you have the "follow road" button on, you can actually click close to the road instead of on the road adn it will bring it down the road. 

day after day sameness

Aha...the old click next to the road trick.  That works.  Thanks.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless