running magazines (Read 1814 times)

DanMoriarity

I personally prefer Running Times, but I'm going to have to check out Marathon and Beyond from some of the recommendations here. Canadian Running isn't bad, but it's got a ways to go to be one of the major running magazines.

I know we all like to slam Runners World, and I agree with many of the criticisms. I still enjoy it, though.  It isn't expensive, and it isn't a major time investment for me to read it.  I like the ads and the product reviews and usually there are one or two articles I like.  I would not have wanted to miss the Frank Shorter abuse article for the world.  It's a magazine aimed at a market that will buy it.  What do we expect?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I know we all like to slam Runners World, and I agree with many of the criticisms. I still enjoy it, though.  It isn't expensive, and it isn't a major time investment for me to read it.  I like the ads and the product reviews and usually there are one or two articles I like.  I would not have wanted to miss the Frank Shorter abuse article for the world.  It's a magazine aimed at a market that will buy it.  What do we expect?

Yes we do.

I enjoy it, too, and there's some good stuff to be found in there.  You just have to do a lot of filtering. Wink