Brooks Adrenaline's Longevity? (Read 112 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Is it just me, or do Adrenalines (GTS14) last longer than other shoes. Just not a lot of wear after 700 miles?   Just ordered another pair from RW on sale.

Ha, I thought I was out of date, still on the 15's. I am about ready to move on to my 4th pair of 15's that just arrived yesterday, after 3 pairs of 14's. I honestly don't go by wear, I just retire them after ~450-500 miles. I actually get a lot of wear on the sole, starting very early on in the life of the shoe, in the right outside heel. Presumably due to my wonky gait. It ultimately wears down to where you can see the midsole in that area, but doesn't stop me from running in them.

In case you eventually run out of outlets for buying 14's, the 15 is just fine. But the only warning is that the 15 runs a bit smaller - I had to go up a half size, and apparently many people do. Fortunately I bought those at the LRS rather than online, and they gave me a heads up. And they showed me the heel-lock lacing technique, because the larger size with fit in the toe was sloppy in the heel. I guess a good tip to use the LRS at least when buying any shoe you haven't worn before.

Dave

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Dave, I did order the 15 at my usual size 12, so hopefully it won't be too small.  I'm out of date all the time since I buy old models on sale.  Maybe my shoes last longer since I'm so light and sloooow.

DaBurger

some models are dead after 300, others go strong at 700, depends on your stride, how the shoe fits, construction etc.  If you find a shoe that keeps you feeling good after runs for 700 miles, stock up.

Know thyself.

Dave, I did order the 15 at my usual size 12, so hopefully it won't be too small.  I'm out of date all the time since I buy old models on sale.  Maybe my shoes last longer since I'm so light and sloooow.

Might be fine, probably depending on whether you are borderline 12 to begin with. The LRS test was for me to go outside & run downhill, and see whether my toes hit the front, which they did. Of course there are hills a-plenty in Seattle where I am; however I know exactly where you live, and hills are nowhere to be found.

Interesting though...I sized up from my usual 12 to 12.5. This could work out well -- I've got 3 pair with 500 miles on them. So I can send them to you & you can get another 200 out of them.

Dave

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Might be fine, probably depending on whether you are borderline 12 to begin with. The LRS test was for me to go outside & run downhill, and see whether my toes hit the front, which they did. Of course there are hills a-plenty in Seattle where I am; however I know exactly where you live, and hills are nowhere to be found.

Interesting though...I sized up from my usual 12 to 12.5. This could work out well -- I've got 3 pair with 500 miles on them. So I can send them to you & you can get another 200 out of them.

I'll take a pass on the 500 mile shoes.  Maybe it would be a good idea to check the shoes on a TM with a downhill incline (would that be a decline?).

been wearing Adrenalines for several years.  I used to get 400-500 miles, but now easily 700+.   3 reasons why: 1.  Im much lighter weight   2.  run more on ball of foot now rather than heel,  more efficient/economical/lighter stride.   3. rotate 2-3 shoes (kept track of this & it really helps recovery of shoes)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

been wearing Adrenalines for several years.  I used to get 400-500 miles, but now easily 700+.   3 reasons why: 1.  Im much lighter weight   2.  run more on ball of foot now rather than heel,  more efficient/economical/lighter stride.   3. rotate 2-3 shoes (kept track of this & it really helps recovery of shoes)

Your shoes last longer if you give them a RD?  I thought rotation was for protecting feet/knees, etc.

rotatating shoes helps the midsole "bounce back"  which of course helps  stress on you as well.   Ocassionally will wear my Ravenna's & any trail running I use Cascadias.  Have been using the same Cascadias for about 6 yrs, no idea how many miles on them.  Ravenna's dont give me the same durability especally the upper mesh.  Maybe because they are abit more narrow??

I have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTX that I have to retire because my feet got longer than the shoes.  The uppers are starting to separate from the sole, the outside corners of the heels have had about two tubes of Shoe Goo, and the tread is still good.  The tread is good because I use them for winter running.  Snow and ice do not wear the tread.  They just went over 3000 miles, and the cushioning is still good.  I do put them on a shoe dryer after every run.

My summer running shoes are Brooks Addiction 11 with 1500 miles.  The shoes and tread are still good, but my feet are getting longer than those shoes also.  They will get replaced sometime this summer.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Dave, I can't tell a difference between the 14s and 15s (size 12).  But since you mentioned it, the new 15's (and even the old 14) do seem a tad small.  Never bothered me and maybe it's more noticeable now with the warmer temps swelling my feet so I think I'll order the 12.5 and compare them.  Funny that RW has this old model 15 (on sale in only 1 color) in all sizes, except, of course, the 12.5.  Curiously they will have it in May.  WTF, for $75 less my Fanatics discount, maybe I will retire them at 500 miles after all.

Dave, I can't tell a difference between the 14s and 15s (size 12).  But since you mentioned it, the new 15's (and even the old 14) do seem a tad small.  Never bothered me and maybe it's more noticeable now with the warmer temps swelling my feet so I think I'll order the 12.5 and compare them.  Funny that RW has this old model 15 (on sale in only 1 color) in all sizes, except, of course, the 12.5.  Curiously they will have it in May.  WTF, for $75 less my Fanatics discount, maybe I will retire them at 500 miles after all.

I KNOW.   I had to go to Roadrunner Sports.

Last chance for a free pair, I just retired one yesterday - early, at 473. Like new.

Dave

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I KNOW.   I had to go to Roadrunner Sports.

Last chance for a free pair, I just retired one yesterday - early, at 473. Like new.

I know when I get the 12.5's, they will feel like snow shoes.  Good to know I have a shoe twin.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got the size12.5's already, 2 weeks before they promised, and they feel pretty good.  I'll have to give them a run indoors, but looks like they will work for the summer.  No need to send me your old shoes, Dave.  The 14's are going with me to Champaign (Illinois HM) for recycling.

Got the size12.5's already, 2 weeks before they promised, and they feel pretty good.  I'll have to give them a run indoors, but looks like they will work for the summer.  No need to send me your old shoes, Dave.  The 14's are going with me to Champaign (Illinois HM) for recycling.

I-L-L!

Dave